Freesat transponder changes tonight

uglyned

The BBC have announced that some channels are moving around to different transponders overnight tonight.

List of moves

The result will be BBC HD on a transponder on its own, with BBC One HD joining it by November 3. There is speculation that Channel 4 HD might also appear on this transponder, and that it will move to DVB-S2. But that's only speculation.

Anyway, from memory, this might need a rescan in DVBViewer. Last time something like this happened, I seem to remember that the DVBViewer picked up the changes and automatically, but Recording Service didn't.

They might be better now and all handle it automatically, but if you use Freesat transponders I would check some time tomorrow to make sure all your channels tune / record.

..not good, BBC 1,2,3 and 4 are not on the same transponder anymore.

Well ... some reguinal BBC Ones, some regional BBC Twos and BBC Four are moving transponder. I don't think BBC Three is, it stays on the same Transponder as BBC One London, BBC Two England which are not moving.

Maybe not good for some people who have to retune once tomorrow morning, but good for the future of Freesat and HD. Put it in context!

Edit - sorry - misread your post ... no, BBC 1 2 3 and 4 won't be on the same transponder any more. I don't care about BBC3, they could have moved that one to another satellite for all I care! But BBC One HD, BBC HD and maybe one more HD channel will be on the same transponder, the only S2 one, which is good for people like me who only have one S2 card!

Edited by uglyned

Attached a new channellist for Astra 28° East (categorized by initial letter):

- Open the channellist editor in DVBViewer Pro

- Select the old Astra 28° East root and delete it

- Drag and drop the file Astra 28 E.ini into the editor.

- Adjust DiSEqC and Channel Group to your needs, if necessary.

Astra_ 28E.zip

Thanks for the file, but the VPID and APID values of BBC THREE and BBC FOUR are set to zero, and they don't work. I suspect they should not be zero?

EDIT:

Trial and error did the trick.

BBC THREE VPID 5200, APID 5201

BBC FOUR VPID 5100, APID 5101

Edited by IanL
but the VPID and APID values of BBC THREE and BBC FOUR are set to zero, and they don't work. I suspect they should not be zero?

They should :) if the channels are scanned while they are inactive.

DVBViewer Pro 4.5 was supposed to auto-update such channels, but it doesn't work due to a bug. Go to the channel editor, enter 266 as PMT PID for BBC THREE and FOUR, click "Apply", and everything should be fine...