Switch to Vertical Pol / 12V for Diseqc 1.2

Ollo1969

Hi,

I don't know if is possible, but should be very usefull an option that switch the power to the LNB always to 12V when a Diseqc 1.2 command is sent to the rotor.

The reason for this request is based on the fact that my Sat Card (Skystar HD2) send a very low power to the rotor and when the polarization of the LNB is H (18V) normally the rotor doesn't move, so I have to switch to a channel with V polarization (12V) and then change to the channel to the new position.

Should be fantastic to have this 2 step done automatically by DVBViewer (if necessary, to enable as twicks or DVB Option). Maybe should be also usefull, for who doesn't have power problem, the opposite solution, to have always to rotor move faster.

Thanks.

..just tune to a channel in the vertical band. There is no feedback from the rotor to the application. The DVBViewer wouldn't know when to switch back to normal ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not a pro on any of this but all my sat boxes from the near past have increased voltage settigns on them in order to resolve this issue. As an example my Dreambox stops showing the moving satalite pic when it's reached the correct spot so there must be somethig coming back from the motor or sothign trigers the box to know the motor is in postions. To test this I disconnected the cable part way throgh a move procedure and the moving sat pic continued to show until the timeout time was reached whcih incidates somthing is coming back or does the controller pcik up the signal is locked again ?

Whatl I am getting at is this is possible on purpose built receivers so coudl the same method nto be used.

I thought it was a random issue caging the motor get stuck but after tying V & H transponderts I can confirm this is the reason and the tempory solution to switch to H works althogu hits a pain the A.

Cheers,

D