DVBServer Transcode / WAN / Upnp

zapbrannigan99

Love the new 4.5 release, am very happy this program is so well supported and is the best software purchase I've ever made :)

I would like to suggest a feature to the DVBServer utility, that I think has already been requested in the German language forum but I'll englishify it for everyone else.

It would be great if the DVBServer supported 3 extra things that it currently doesn't.

• Real time transcoding (using VLC or Mencoder)
  • Allow DVBViewer clients from low bandwidth WAN (internet) to connect to DVBServer and receive transcoded stream
  • Support Upnp to allow DNLA appliance (TV / PS3, whatever) to browse the channels, change channel and view a channel (with transcode if necessary)

This is a BIG request but many of the features are already implemented to a certain degree. I've requested that DVBServer works with internet because although there is the webinterface, it hasn't been updated for some time and only works with VLC 0.86i with no detail control over transcode options (newer codec options for example).

Anyway, thanks for the excellent DVBViewer, really love this program!!! :)