What settings to select DiSEqC switch?

RedDwarf

I am fitting a new Satellite dish,it's the 2nd dish I have and I'm trying to control a DiSEqC 1.0 switch to switch between the two Satellite dishes LNB's but cannot work out what option I need to set in DVBViewer 4.2.1.

I have a meter, a DigiSat Pro which can show the DiSEqC signals and it is showing that only switch 1 is active. I put the new dish on the first LNB connection on the switch and the 2nd dish on the 2nd LNB connection so the fact that only switch 1 is active means I cannot select the 2nd dish.

So what settings do I need to make in DVBViewer to select different switches? There are SimpleA, SimpleB, Pos A/Opt A etc so which ones do I need to set. I have tried them and none are changing the switch. The Satellite card drivers might be to blame but unless I can get the software working correctly to select the switch I don't want to blame the drivers.

support.zip

Edited by RedDwarf

I have just updated to v4.5.

I can not edit the first post now for some reason.

I am using a PC with Mystique SaTiX-S2 Dual v1 PCI-e. I have two dishes, one which is pointing at Astra 2A, 2B, 2D 28.2E and Eurobird 1 28.5E (I will call this one Dish 2/DiSEqC Switch input 2), the other new dish I will call this dish 1, I have not yet positioned, I wanted to check that I could still access the first dish which I cannot.

I have a DigiSat Pro meter connected to the new dish and it shows DiSEqC info

T-BURST = A

POS+OPT = 4

SW1-4 = 1

I can seem to change the POS+OPT but I cannot seem to change the SW1-4 settings using DVBViewer options. The first dish is showing no picture.

I think I might of got it working :) Selecting Pos B/opt A has now selected dish 2 and is displaying a picture.

I am not familiar with DiSEqC because I was, until a few hours ago a one dish man.

Still the new dish to position, so I will see if I can get it working properly with that.

Edited by RedDwarf
I am using a PC with Mystique SaTiX-S2 Dual v1 PCI-e.

That's what I was after :)

DVBViewer Pro 4.5 fully supports DiSEqC 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 with this device, and you can read everything about DiSEqC here. It's about TransEdit (see members area), but most of it applies to DVBViewer as well. Please take note of the "Hints for DVBViewer Pro" sections.

Thanks for the info.

I have messed around and got no where so far with aligning the dish. I will remove the DiSEqC switch because it is just complicating matters and adds too many variables and things that can go wrong. I will add it back afterwards.