Introductory Tutorial/FAQ for Sat Setup?

quasi51

Hello,

I'm looking for a tutorial or overarching explanation on how to get paid (not stolen, I want to pay for it) satellite programming onto a computer screen. I have purcahsed a Prof S2 7500 USB unit and am going to have a dish installed. I live in Amman Jordan and will be trying to get programming from Nilesat. I assume that once I have the satellite pointed in the right direction, hook-up the Prof receiver and install DVBViewer I will be able to get free-to-air programming.

If I want to get Al-jazeera sports (or any other paid programming), how do I do this? If I go to a local shop and purchase a subscription, will they give me an access card? Can I run that through DVBViewer with a USB smart card reader or something similar?

Is this possible? I'm not trying to do anything illegal so if my questions appear that way please let me know. Anyone have a link to a good tutorial?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the response. I'm looking at the Prof 7500 now and it doesn't have any additional ports for a CI...I'm assuming that means it's only good for FTA and not capable of supporting PAY TV?

Is there any to run the CI/CAM through the computer rather than through the tuner?