Cannot enter standby

Thomas

I'm having trouble to get my mediacenter enter standby. When I have used DVBViewer to watch tv it takes several pushes on the standby button to get into standby. The first many times I press standby the screen just becomes black but the machine is still running, then a press on any button brings the screen back. This I hve to repeat up to 15 times before it enters standby. Also when I have recorded a program it doesn't go into stanby by itself even if it says force standby after recording.

support.zip

Hi Thomas!

This sounds not to have anything to do with DVBViewer. It sounds more to be a Windows issue alternative a hardware issue (the chassi powerbutton). Best bet would be to search for help on any Windows forum out there or try to come up with ways to analyze your problem and rule out potential sources of error.

For example if you do initiate standby from the start-menu and NOT the powerbutton, does your HTPC behave as i should then?

If so, concentrate your search to the powerbutton. If not, check the bios ACPI settings, powermanagement TAB for your devices (in the devicemanager) and setup Windows according to recommendations on Microsoft help sites. Google is your best friend :)

:bye:

sound like away mode. Can you enter standby when DVBViewer is closed?

No, not when DVBViewer has been on. Tried to restart after watching tv in DVBViewer, and then there was no problem entering standby.

That's why I suspect DVBViewer to have a windows process or something that inter robs standby. But maybe it's something with a driver

or something else. Hate clearing a problem on a computer.

That's why I suspect DVBViewer to have a windows process or something that inter robs standby.

No, DVBViewer cant stop standby...no application can do this since Vista.

But maybe it's something with a driver

or something else.

Yes, more likely!

Just to make clear, it's not the chassi button but the standby button on the remote. Also tried to go to start and hit sleep but still fans and everything keeps running and black screen. I've just tried to uninstall my anti virus to see if that had any effect but no luck. The funny thing is, that it is only when DVBViewer has been on it doesn't work. If I just start the machine to watch a movie in xbmc there is no problem to enter standby. So it must be something with DVBViewer. It reminds me, I tried to uninstall DVBViewer some weeks ago, but it couldn't because it said it was running, I had to disable a process in task manager to unistall. I think it's the same thing keeping my pc entering standby.

Edit: Can it have something to do with the tuners? If they keep getting power or something maybe that can interfere with standby.?

Edited by Thomas

Hello and sorry for my bad English.

I know this problem under Windows 7. You have to search for the right Energy-Opstions under Windows 7. Esspecilly the Multimedia-Options. There are two Options.

In my Case, I have to switch

First Option to: "The Computer can change in the Energy-Modus"

Second Option to: "Videoquality to high"

In servaral Forums I have read, that some Programms are changing this Options by themselves. For Example the Windows Mediaplayer at the first install and by update.

In my case, also the Recording Service for DVBViewer.

Do not forget, that the Options only changes after reboot.

I hope I could help.

Edited by filmgetter