Rewind and Fast Forward

Cav

In version 4.5 i have problem with fast forward and especially rewind function in ts files (recorded in DVBViewer).

Rewind don't jump to 30 sec, 1 min etc, usually not rewind anything.

The same function, in the same files, but in version 4.2.1 working correctly.

This is known problem?

30 sec rewind not rewind to 30 sec, 1 min not rewind 1 min etc.

The same problem is with start ts files (don't start on 0:00, but b.e. 0:40, 0:50), or mouse click to green line in playback window, film is not rewind to clicking position.

In version 4.2.1 this functions rewind ok.

does it Rewind at all but jump to other positions (Rewind to 30sec Rewinds to xSec) or does it not Rewind at all?

Does this happen to all kinds of Media Files or only some of them?

Please also post the support.zip

does it Rewind at all but jump to other positions (Rewind to 30sec Rewinds to xSec) or does it not Rewind at all?

Does this happen to all kinds of Media Files or only some of them?

Usually jump is to other position (jump less sec, sometimes 0 sec). IMO this happen only in ts, which was recorded in DVBViewer.

It's possible, jump is to point in file, where tv signal was lost on miliseconds on recording.

support.zip

• 2 weeks later...

I'm experiencing the same problem since I upgraded to v4.5.

It seems to only happen when using the timeshift function with free to air TV shows. It doesn't matter whether I drag the slider, or use the keyboard controls: fast forward and rewind seems to jump all over the place.

One clue is that when I click with the mouse on the slider, it shows the "correct" time in to the recording while I'm holding the mouse button down. The moment I release the mouse button, the video suddlenly jumps forward - often right up to the current / live video. Clicking repeatedly on the same spot does not consistently rewind or fast forward to the same place in the programme - it is inconsistent.

I've tried playing a couple of AVI files and the problem is not present when watching them.

TV Card:

DVB Live! Dual Hybrid PCIe S2 (Uses the NXP SAA7162 Chipset)

Driver: NXP Semiconductors v1.5.76.1623

Main board:

HP Compaq 8100 Elite (I7 processor)

Display Adaptor:

ATI Radeon HD 4550

Driver v8.712.0.0

supporttool.zip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I get the same problem with 4.5.

I was expecting rewind and ffwd to work in same way as other pvrs...

ffwd

press 1st time - x2 (ideally with x2 audio)

press 2nd time - x4 (video only)

press 3rd time - x8 (video only)

rewind same as above

Skip Fwd & Back

skips in 30sec steps

Also - perhaps related?...

I have automatic timeshift enabled, but I cant rewind live tv at all

Clicking ffwd, rew, skip fwd, skip back, pause - results in black flashes as I press the buttons.

Is this normal behavious for DVBViewer? Hope not - its a great product otherwise.

I have latest Nvidia GT430 driver installed.

I use ffdshow codecs and EVR directx video.

Not sure how to get an OSD time trackbar to appear - related to using rew/ffwd functions above?

I can get a grey pop-up trackbar, but the slider is locked to right end - even with timeshift working?

Thanks for any help if I am doing something wrong...

...or for looking into implementing these tweaks in the future as the others have mentioned.

Tony

Edited by xtonys
  • 4 weeks later...

And nothing changes in 4.6 version (after 3 months !!!!), rewind and fast forward is still not working correctly.

PIP and manual recording, still changing window to another, and remote control not working in DVBViewer after them.

the try to follow this:

How to post problems/bugs correctly:

Always follow these instructions. Otherwise no one can - or wants - to help you!.

I do not understadn what is not working correctly. FF and REV does work like it should, so try to explain in detail what is not working and what it is doing instead. Post the support.zip!

the try to follow this:

How to post problems/bugs correctly:

Always follow these instructions. Otherwise no one can - or wants - to help you!.

I do not understadn what is not working correctly. FF and REV does work like it should, so try to explain in detail what is not working and what it is doing instead. Post the support.zip!

You have my support.zip in 5 post from top.

Explanation you have in 3 or 4 posts from several peoples.

P.S.

You should check files recorded with discontinuities in signal.

Edited by Cav

Of course.

I couldnt get this to work at first either.

I use a PS3 bluetooth remote with EventGhost.

I have buttons for fast forward / rewind, as well as skip forward / skip back.

Regardless what setting for UseSeeking, the skip forward / skip back uses dynamic jump (which actually works great)

But the ffwd / rwd buttons showed seek values on screen of 0.25x, 0.5x, 0.75x,

But despite showing those values on screen the seeking seemed not to work properly, with quite random results.

Funnily enough after maybe 3 restarts of DVBV after changing the setup.xml, it finally seemed to pickup the setting. (some cache maybe?)

Now ffwd / rwd work as expected, with 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, 32x

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

i'm experiencing the same problem with version 4.6.0.1. :(

The "tweak" maybe is a possibility to solve the problem, but this dynamic jumping option is one of the things DVBViewer does pretty much better than other software and I wouldnt like to miss it.

Anybody who found a solution about this?

• 2 months later...