full EPG, but no names channels, no vvideo, no audio

mobiwan

Fresh install for Dual Tuner USB Stick (MobiDTV Dual) and also Technotrend early S2 PCI card, S3000.

BDA drivers.

Total Media 3.5 supplied with the USB stick is flawless, but won't use the Satellite cards.

ProgDVB (bought version) is a bit flaky with HD or H.264 anyway, so I bought the DVBViewer as people speak highly of it.

I have bought version of CoreAVC.

But does DVBViewer include H.264 and AAC+ codecs?

I'm trying to test DTT stick first. BDA Driver.

Services

Saorview Irish DTT = DVB-T and MPEG4 H.264 for SD and HD. No MPEG2, no DVB-T2

The Total Media 3.5 is flawless on an AMD Athlon 64, Windows XP pro SP3, Graphics: X1600 1920x1080p 50Hz with HD test.

On an old laptop,Inspiron 8200, Windows XP pro SP3, 1G RAM, 1.8GHz P4 (1600x1200 GeForce 440 Go) can do the SD & radio prefect, but only still frames on HD (no surprise!) Using PCMCIA adaptor for USB 2.0

I have managed to get EPG and channels (though no names on them) on the Inspiron 8200 with DVBViewer,

No audio on TV or Radio channels (5 SD TV, 1 HD test, 10 radio at the minute) but only 13 of 16 channels detected.

Which codecs should I select?

The audio on TV and Radio is currently MP2, but future will have AAC+ aka HE-AAC stereo

The video is MPEG4 H.264 for SD and HD

Which Renderer should I select?

VMR9 or EVR (though earlier I thought there was other options)?

[edit: untick custom and they appear

System Default Renderer

Overlay Renderer

VMR7 Video Mixing Renderer

VMR9 Video Mixing Renderer

EVR Enhanced Video ]

What is VideoA and VideoB? Can these be assigned to Tuner1 & tuner2 in USB stick, and/or PCI satellite card1 & 2?

Sometimes click on TV channel the DVBViewer crash and "holds" onto the USB stick and I can't use it in other application or close Windows without holding power button.

I will now go and check the satellite cards on the Athlon64 desk top and move the USB stick.

The aim is to have one program on the Athlon64 PC to control Dual DTT stick for FTA Irish TV and 2x TT S3000 cards for 18E, 19E, 13E and 9E FTA satellite.

I have had demo version in past of Mainconcept Encoders, so various MainConcept decoders appear.

I have Intervideo DVD, so it appears

Also Nero, FFDShow, and CoreAVC.

There is no codec or rendering settings in Total Media 3.5, it just works.

ProgDVB has similar settings, and I have found it a pain to get working smoothly over the years when I upgrade parts of system, cards, or ProgDVB. So I was hoping DVBViewer was less fraught.

Edited by mobiwan

OK, on the AMD Athlon 64, 3700+ desk top with ATI X1600, XP pro, 1G RAM

Has Cyberlink codecs

Technotrend S3000 S2 PCI card using S1400..S3200 BDA driver and Multiswitch, 28 =1, 19E, 13, 9E

Works in ProgDVB

No signal in TransEdit or DVBViewer, in any satellite/transponder. Even if Diseqec not used the default is 28.2 (works with Sky Digibox).

The MobiDTV Dual USB stick

Does work on SD channels and finds names of Channels of Saorview, unlike on the Inspiron8200 (TotalMedia 3.5 is flawless in SD on that), where you get nothing.

No image on HD, just audio

No image if you change channel at full screen on SD, you have to have window

Tried VMR9 and EVR renderers

Occasional video break up

(TotalMedia 3.5 is flawless in SD and for HD test channel)

OK, let's first focus on TransEdit. Please remove the file ttBdaDrvApi_Dll from the DVBViewer installation folder (for test purpose only). Then use the TT3200 for scanning with different DiSEqC settings (don't forget to click Apply). Does it work?

Here also is support.zip from laptop,support.zip

Summary..

The MobiDTV Dual DTT USB2.0 Stick receiving Saorview (Irish DTT, MPEG4 only for SD & HD)

1a) On AMD Athlon 64 Desktop it's poor, buggy fullscreen (1920x1080p@50Hz) and no HD video, The "Total Media 3.5" with same stick is perfect SD & HD.

1b) No signal on the Technotrend PCI DVB-S2 card type S3000 (early version of S3200, looks like it). 50% & 100% quality in ProgDVB on working transponders),

2) On Laptop (MobiDTV Dual DTT USB2.0 Stick via USB2.0 PCMCIA card), no video or audio, channels found and EPG, but channel names missing. The "Total Media 3.5" with same stick is perfect SD but only intermittent frames on HD (to be expected with Nvidia GeForce 440 Go and P4 Mobile), all radio ok.

I'll try some other non S2 DVB-s PCI cards as the S3000 is in fairness seem a bit buggy.

Having to use the separate Scanning application for Diseq seems a bit awkward, as is listing all the satellites, rather than picking a satellite for each port. I'd not consider driving the motorised system I have with PC unless there was an external slave power for Motor. I use it with set-box.

OK, let's first focus on TransEdit. Please remove the file ttBdaDrvApi_Dll from the DVBViewer installation folder (for test purpose only). Then use the TT3200 for scanning with different DiSEqC settings (don't forget to click Apply). Does it work?

I renamed the ttBdaDrvApi_Dll.dll to ttBdaDrvApi_Dll.dll.org

no signal

I even disconnected coax and set diseqc to none . This gives port one on the Multiswitch. Sky box does no Diseqc and it works on same Multiswithch.

No signal on any 28.2E transponder.

Thanks

When I scan with the PCI Sat card in ProgDVB, it finds good signal and near 100% quality on each active Transponder.

In DVBViewer, nothing is found, as if the coax is not even connected.

But aside from that, the DVBViewer works poorly with the MobiDTV Dual USB DTT stick.

I'll try a Technotrend Budget PCI card, the S1400, tomorrow. I have a few someplace.

But it's a concern that the DVBViewer can only do the DTT USB stick poorly in SD (RTE1, TG4, TV2 etc) and not at all the HD RTE NL channel.

So is it down to codecs? Has it no codecs included?

I shall do some more tests tomorrow.

So is it down to codecs? Has it no codecs included?

No. With included decoders DVBViewer would be much more expensive due to licence fees. Why should you pay twice for them? Go to Options -> DirectX and try the decoders that are already present in your system.

A good AAC decoder (or rather AAC decoder framework) for DVB requirements is available in the members area, plugins section (libfaad2 wrapper). Read the Readme carefully! You'll need an additional file that can be found in the web, and I think now you know why we only provide the DirectShow framework... o:)

In DVBViewer, nothing is found, as if the coax is not even connected.

ATM I have no clue why it doesn't work. Lately I have tested DVBViewer 4.5 and TransEdit 3.6 with a TT 3600 USB (including DiSEqC, 4 satellite positions, Astra 19/23/28 and Hotbird) - no problems whatsoever. I'll think about it...

I'll look at more stuff next few days.

The S3000 was very early sample of DVB-S2 I got direct as pre-production samples. I should get a pair current S3200 or current DVB-S2 model to test Any recommendations? Meanwhile I think the pair of S1400 I have are production versions.

Certainly my experience of MJPEG, MPEG, MPEG2, MPEG4, AVC etc over last 15 years is that all codec are not equal. VLC and FFDSHow struggle to do SD H.264 and are hopeless at HD H.264 My last job I was encoding and building MPEG2-TS of MPEG4 SD for DVB-c and DVB-t transmission tests using a PCI (€2,200) DVB UHF Modulator feeding up to 10.6GHz for terrestrial use.

Ireland Terrestrial is H.264 only, SD & HD. No MPEG2

The majority of windows users are still XP. Does the lower end versions of Windows7 include the "Media Center" addons?

I want an easy to use route I can recommend to Irish users that have DVB-S2 for Freesat/FreesatHD and DVB-T (via USB stick) for Irish TV (no FTA Irish TV on 28.2E and likely will never be. See http://www.techtir.ie/saortv and the Saorsat section.

The problem is that while most decent PCI sat cards or decent USB sticks have bundled sw that works, it only works for the supplied HW.

So at €15, obviously DVBViewer is more attractive than $75+ for Total Media 3.5.

ProgDVB isn't free for S2 or H.264/MPEG4 use and isn't as "friendly" for a home brew Media Centre PC.

Linux only works if you research what HW to buy, most people go and buy the cards or Stick assuming they work :(

MythTV is not a userfriendly thing to install. MeTV is easy*, but more basic.

(*On Ubuntu, if you bought the compatible to linux HW)

Edited by mobiwan