DVB Viewer and WinTV NOVA TD-500

TheDark

Hi to all,

I purchase a WinTV Nova TD-500 and DVBViewer v4.5.0.0, TD-500 is dual DVB-T Tuner card in PCI format.

Drivers installed for this card are the one provided with WinTV 7 (CD version 1.3E)

I use Core2Duo PC with Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT graphic card.

I have both issue with this card :

CONCERNING CHANNELS

I live in France and i'm not able to find all channels properly, does someone can give me an export of all french channels please ?

CONCERNING IMAGE

I have some issue with all Mpeg2 and H264 channels :

In H264 channels : i have some mosaic in the image each 5 or 10 seconds...

In Mpeg 2 channels : i notice the same things each 30 seconds.

My signal strengh is at 95 %

sat1w.jpg

My DirectX settings are

sat2o.jpg

I also try to use PouchinTV application, and they are no issue with the image.

This application use the same video codec than DVBViewer (Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder)

How can i do for correct DVBViewer for having image properly ?

Thks you for your support.

Edited by TheDark
someone can give me an export of all french channels please ?

You may use TransEdit (download from the members area) to edit the transponder list that is used for scanning and to add /modify frequencies according to your region.

The file France.ini, which is included in the TrandEdit ZIP may be helpful. It considers the 167 KHz frequency offset that is used in France. Store it in the DVBViewer Configuration Folder\Transponders subdirectoy (see Help Menu in DVBViewer). It will appear under the name "Terrestrial (France)" in the list of available transponder lists.

i have some mosaic in the image each 5 or 10 seconds..

Most likely due to discontinuities displayed by the DVBSource property page. It means DVBViewer gets an incomplete stream from the driver (data packets are missing). Please watch if the mosaic coincides with an increasing number of discontinuities.

Edited by Griga

Hi Griga,

I downloaded Transedit MCC Demo 3.3.0.0 and launch it.

I open France.ini with it and do a scan, it find 44 channels but they are no possibility to export them to a file or to DVBViewer.

sat5.jpg

I notice that i still doesn't see TMC, NRJ12, TF1 (not HD) channels on these scan :(

I try to export this scan but i received the following error message when i try to doing it with the Export "button" :

sat4.jpg

I tried the following workaround, i make a copy of france.ini file from Transedit folder to DVBViewer (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CMUV\DVBViewer\Transponders)

I do a scan with it and i find only 28 channels (instead of 44 from Transedit), any idea about this difference ?

sat6.jpg

How can i recover my 44 channels from Transedit for puting it in DVBViewer ?

First of all, @griga wrote "You may use TransEdit (download from the members area) " not Transedit MMC(its like a demo), and second, transedit counts other then DVBViewer, in Transedit every new sound is a new channel, in DVBV all sounds of one channel count together as one channel, so maybe, you have found the same channels in both programs.

PeterF

Sorry, I made a mistake:

Store it in the DVBViewer Configuration Folder

should be

Store it in the DVBViewer Configuration Folder\Transponders subdirectoy.

And Peter is right: Use the full TransEdit version from the members area, if you want to export. It counts the channels plus the additional audio tracks of channels (unless you untick the Audio Tracks filter option). DVBViewer only counts the channels.

Humn ok, but where is the member area please ?

ABOUT MOSAIC IN IMAGE

I try an H264 channel and monitor the discontinuities counter... the counter is at 0 when i have some mosaic in image... any other idea ?

You are using an illegal copy, and you come here for support? You don't want to pay, but you are keeping supporters busy... that's really nice. Please stay away from this forum until you have purchased DVBViewer.

Closed.