Recording Service only updates EPG if I'm watching TV

uglyned

Hi,

I went away last week and came back to only 2 days EPG data. Soon I'm away for 2 weeks and won't be watching TV at all.

It seems like the RS only updates its EPG when I'm watching TV channels in DVBViewer. It doesn't update them just from recordings.

I've got 'receive Freesat EPG' ticked, and the default Arquiva transponder details set up. I can't add the Freesat PID transponders any more, it's not an option.

Is this now default behaviour?

Yeah, but that's not the tidiest way to do it, and it means that sometimes I'll be waking the PC up especially to do it.

While the old way, DVBViewer just updated the EPG while I was watching or recording any channel. That was much neater!

• 3 months later...

Is there any way you can re-implement the Freesat EPG PIDs in the recording service so that the EPG automatically updates while a program from a standard Freesat transponder is recording? It used to do this and it still does it while I'm viewing a Freesat channel in DVBViewer through the recording service.

It was really useful and U miss it. Why did it disappear?

The "main" transponder with PID 3003 is still supported, you may have to enter it again in the frequency list in den options...

But that means I have to record something from a weird 'Men & Movies' channel as that's the only channel on that transponder. My wife won't be impressed with those recordings.