Shutdown after recording

Benarty

It happens me more often, quickly press the record button to record the program.

I mess e feature within the manual recording options: shutdown when the recording is finished.

My media computer was playing during the night untill I switched the computer off in the morning.

Power saving?

Indeed, but You have to understand that wife acceptance level much lower is then ours.

DVBViewer scores not so high within that matter.

they ask themseves, fine, You can select once a manual record is done the options by pressing the record button again and see various ways to tell DVBViewer when the recording should finish.

It's their first choice above timer settings.

• 2 months later...

ok, late responce but this is a good proposal:

Ouch , she did try the timer, but the channel selection shows up on the entire channel list , great to browse through a few tousand channels.

What is flexible:

In the channel list, in the right pane, the epg info.

if you select a program, there, some extra commands at the bottom of the sreen, linked with the colors of the remote

There should be a recording button .

We, and I expect alot of people have to work during the day so it's clear that if a recording "ends" past 23.00h, shut down the computer.

or simply add the shutdown after recording in the record context menu (eg pressing the record button when the recording is active.

Ok, we are using HTPC mode so not a computer to work with.

The current situation is so annoying that I have to search other DVB software or at least switch to a commercial set top box.

If you have some programming knowledge you can add if recording "ends" past 23.00h, shut down computer to the stoprec.vbs.

But I think there will be no default end action for inkstand recordings. If you use regularly timers there is one (add the Timer via EPG).

In the channel list, in the right pane, the epg info.

if you select a program, there, some extra commands at the bottom of the sreen, linked with the colors of the remote

There should be a recording button.

If you have a key for Record Video ([r] on the keyboard) selected the epg entry and press it.