Getting a SS2 USB running over VMWare?

Guest Michael

Guest Michael

today i tried to get my SS2 USB running on a vmware machine ( due to the lack of proper dual card support, [ BSODs, and stuff ] )

- physical machine -> p4 2.6, 512mb ram, win2k sp4 all updates

steps i did:

- installed vmware [ 4.5.1, #7568 ]

- installed fresh win2k prof sp4, dx8.1

- installed fresh drivers from t-data.lu

problem: the device can't be started by windows ( i'm getting the yellow warning icon , error [ device couldn't be started ( code 10 ) ] )

rebooting, reconnecting doesn't fix it :lol:

the vmware log shows:

Jul 06 22:17:01: vmx| USBG warning: can't configure device usbioerr 'INTERFACE_NOT_FOUND'

has anyone tried the same thing or has anyone had the same problems on a normal machine?

thanks for any help! :bounce:

ps.: if it will work, i promise makeing some tutorial or description how to use more ss2 cards on one physical machine :wub:

pss. for anyone who didn't knew... yes VMWare allows sharing USB devices since 4.0

;)

...I can't run any USB devices on vmware. Every time I try it, the virtual machine crashed.

(I use the same version of vmware)

Edited by Hartwig
Guest Michael

when the ss2 box is unplugged ( and only if it is! ) my CF card reader is workin flawless... so the usb seems to be working in general...

i'm on my 1st day... and it's not statisfying me :bounce:

Notes on USB Support in Version 4

We have tested a variety of USB devices with this release. In general, if the guest operating system has appropriate drivers, you should be able to use PDAs, printers, storage (disk) devices, scanners, MP3 players, digital cameras and memory card readers.

Modems and certain streaming data devices, such as speakers and Web cams, do not work properly.

maybe it's the answer, but anyway... who knows what 'certain' means... i don't want to give up that fast... ;)

a screenie....

vmware.jpg