UK EPG in recording service

daveyboyc

Hi all,

I know this may of been covered somewhere to some extent but I cant cant seem to find a workable solution.

How can I get a FULL EPG in the DVB Recording Service for the UK? (includes sky)

Thanks in advance.

David

Hi all,

I know this may of been covered somewhere to some extent but I cant cant seem to find a workable solution.

How can I get a FULL EPG in the DVB Recording Service for the UK? (includes sky)

Thanks in advance.

David

I only ever see the current program and the next one listed, but never a full EPG on all UK channels.

Would be great if this worked fully. :rolleyes:

where do you see the epg? In DVBViewer OSD? In DVBViewer EPG Windows? In Recording Service Webinterface!?

On the top buttons if using the default skin --EPG

There are EPG info missing in almost all uk sky channels among others..

(in webinterface)

is there anything that can be used to import a full EPG thats a sound solution?

I think ive tried it. Isnt that just for DVBViewer though (not recording service)

is there not a program or something for "xepg" (an XMLTV file) that someone can receommend that will give a full epg for the UK?

Cheers

ok i'll ask around for a UK file etc.

Do you have any idea what frequency might work, or where i can get a frequency that will give me a full uk sky epg (not just freesat)?

ok i'll ask around for a UK file etc.

Do you have any idea what frequency might work, or where i can get a frequency that will give me a full uk sky epg (not just freesat)?

You need to use EPGCollector, XEPG and recording service if you want to schedule recordings, see my instructions here.

Hi, Thanks for that! :)

The thing is though, i now have a full epg for DVBViewer but not the recording service )there is still large chunks missing)

are you able to get a full epg on the recording service (the same as DVBViewer or better)?

cheers

Hi, Thanks for that! :)

The thing is though, i now have a full epg for DVBViewer but not the recording service )there is still large chunks missing)

are you able to get a full epg on the recording service (the same as DVBViewer or better)?

cheers

Yes just follow those instructions, I think you need to select Delete EPG prior to import though as stated in the XEPG thread.

Still getting the same problem unfortunately :(

tried deleting old epg.. it seems to list the channels on the left hand side for the channels that have a missing EPG while pairing, but it still doesnt seem to work for the recording service..

Does the service have to be on for it to work (i get an error reading on test import if its on).