A PCI DVB-S2 card with true blind scan

Kiwi_Tim

Hi there,

I'm considering purchasing a TBS-8921 DVB-S2 PCI card that supports DiSEqC 2.0 and can perform a true blind scan, without the user needing to input frequency range and SR.

See here:

http://www.tbsdtv.com/english/product/8921.html

I'm wondering if anybody already has this working with DVBViewer and whether it performs well?

I've always been envious of the set-top-boxes that can perform a fast automatic blind scan, like the Hyundai HSS760A, but I don't want to give up my DVBViewer enabled PC. It would be good if I could have both!

Tim

New Zealand

Well depends on, either select in depth scan (which includes parsing and using the NIT) or do not use a transponder list - which will force the DVBViewer to try all possible combinations.

Well depends on, either select in depth scan (which includes parsing and using the NIT) or do not use a transponder list - which will force the DVBViewer to try all possible combinations.

I guess this would take all day or possibly several days. I'd like to replicate a true blind scan that completes in a few minutes.

This is interesting:

http://www.proftuners.com/blindscan.html

Tim

New Zealand

..yes, interesting indeed, but there you can also see that it's not supported by the DVBViewer. If the developers can get hold on the necessary api, it would nicely fit into transedit :)

According to the linked page, a blind scan tool is provided which can create transponder ini files. So it does not necessarily have to be integrated into the DVBViewer.