sky2pc card and Asra 2d

arthurrcooper

;) I have installed DVBViewer to use my Sky2pc card (was used on Europe online) . Channel tuning works fine but I do not receive any of the channels on Astra 2d (ie the BBc Free to air channels). If I enter the frequency details manually there is still no signal detection, Of course the dish and LNB work fine on my Digibox. Can anyone help ?

Thanks for the reply. I added the ini file for 28.2 but the channels from 2d are still not detected. These are from 10744H to 10936V.. Any other suggestions ?

hi again,

I did the following:-

1. D'load 0282.ini

2. PUt ini file into DVBViewer\transponders (overwrote old one)

3.In DVBViewer set channellist --- this set a frequency range of 10743 to 12460 in scanner

4. scanned.

5. First find was at 11740. many after that.

6. no channels below 11740.

7. other settings:- Lof1 = 9750, lof2=10600, lof sw = 11700

Still no BBC free to air channels.

no channels below 11740.

Hmm, strange, seems you can't receive the low frequency band with the SS2.

The SS2 switches to the high band by sending the 22 khz signal to the LNB. This sometimes doesn't work... but the other way round? Never heard of it before.

Did you already try the INI channel list for Astra 28° East (attached in the thread I've mentioned)?

Yes -- that was the one I used...

Well, you've mentioned the INI transponder list, but not the INI channel list - that are different things.

Since my dish works ok at the lower frequencies on the Digibox maybe the Digibox uses a different system to switch bands ?

Sorry, don't know. For me Astra 28° East is (literally) out of scope. Maybe you have to call an expert...

Hi,

I just realised that there was a further file on that thread. The channel list !! I have now downloaded it but cannot see where to put it !!! There are no other files of similar content in the DVBViewer folder.

I.m sorry but I must be thick !! I cannot find an import option in the channel list window.

I suspect that my PCI card is faulty anyway because I have now tried alternative software (DVBPORTAL) and that too will not select the lower band frequencies.

Thanks for your help.

The import Buitton is on the bottom of the Channel List. Mayby the Window is too big or your resolution is not high enough to see it. Or you should move the window of the channel list a little bit upward.

Then I'm sure you'll see it.

Thanks again -- I was obviously geting tired !! I have now imported the channel list but still no lower band channels. I have also done re-scan with the new list but no luck. I can only assume that the PCI card is faulty and is not switching the LNB correctly. Never mind --- theres always good old terrestrial TV !!

Hi,

Looking at the channel list you asked me to d'load , I see than the LNB selection switches from 0 to 1 at exactly the frequency of the first channel I receive. That confirms your suggestion that the LNB switching is faulty.

I will try a different LNB/ dish set up when I can. Maybe the length of co-ax is a factor.

No other receivers connected when I was tesing. There was an in-line f connector type join , but that is in when I use the digibox too and the lnb switches ok with that box. I am still going to try an alternative LNB / dish when I get a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

I gues this is the answer

This problem is caused by DECT telephone systems. The TV channels are on the

transponder with the frequency 12480 MHz. If you subtract from this value the LOF

(10600 MHz), you will get the frequency of 1880 MHz. This is the frequency of the

DECT telephone system. A solution for this problem is to switch off the telephone

system or to move the basic station of the telephone system to another place.

:D regards