Channel freezes if I switch source inputs on the TV

ChrisC

If, while watching or recording a channel; I switch away to another source on the TV and go back to the PC with DVBViewer running, the channel is frozen. I must close DVBViewer and restart it to get the channel to display again. The rest of the PC is fine....just the DVBViewer app. I would like to be able to record a channel and be able to switch away for a while, but be able to go back to check progress on the recording show.

I can't help but believe that I just have something set wrong.......This stuff is really a bit over my head.

Any Ideas?

Thanks Much,

Chris

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Operating system XP Pro SP3 + all updates

CPU-type and speed Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3Ghz

existing RAM 3.25 GB (actually 4....32 bit OS)

graphics card with current driver version ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

Catalyst™ Version 10.4

below info generated by DVBViewer Support tool 1.5.1.3 and located in support.zip file

list of all registered Audio- and Video Decoder incl. Merits

SystemInfo.txt

setup.xml

windowdef.xml

hardware,xml

usermode.ini

DVBSource.ini

OSD.log

OSDerror.log

TransEdit.ini

svrhardware.xml (not available)

svrdebug.log (not available)

PreviewW.ini (not available)

Plugins\Audiorecorder.ini (not available)

Plugins\VRPlugin.ini (not available)

TSPlayer.ini (not available)

debug.log (not available)

DVBViewer.log (not available)

server.xml (not available)

Additionally you should indicate the following:

exact TV-card model and used driver version Technotrend TT-budget S2-3200 DriverVersion = 5.0.1.8

type and chipset of the mainboard GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P rev. 1.6 P45 Intel

graphics card and used driver version Same as above

support.zip

You are using DVBViewer version 4.2.1.0. The first thing i would do, was upgrading DVBViewer to version 4.5

OK.....Done.....Same issue. :(

Perhaps I'm just 'batting at the wind'; Could it possibly be an HDMI issue? Does the app, or the codec involve the HDMI or HDCP spec in some way? Nothing else on the PC gets 'upset' by switching away from the monitor....not even a new Blu-ray player playing my own compilation....Don't have a store-bought disc to try. I didn't have this issue with the very first install of DVBViewer..... running with an earlier version of ffdshow that was downloaded when the card was installed.... can't remember the versions.

Seems like the issue cropped up around the install of Version V4 something or K-lite codec pack or ffdshow codec update.....sometime around May of this year. Currently using ffdshow tryouts revision 3562 Sept 8 2010.

Thanks For Your Help,

Chris

Sugestion: Clean install windows 7. Install DVBViewer 4.5. Don't install anything else, Win 7 have it all

If you don't have win 7, install PowerDVD if you have a license to this. Else install DIVX codecs