Recording Service vs Dvbviewer Server

ulysse

Hi,

I am testing recording service 1.6.5.2 and 1.6.8 on a vmware Esxi4.1, the VM have 2 xeon 2.8Ghz, the network is 1gb, OS is 2003 server.

I stream TV TNT on 2 DVBViewer clients, 1 XP SP2, 1 seven.

I have an issue on both clients : every 10 sec. I have a glictch, artefac ..., this is very cyclic.

I have tried dvbserver.exe and I have not this issue, so to compare exactly the 2 softs in the same conditions (exe vs service) I transform dvbserver.exe to service (with makeservice) and then test it : no issue.

The difference between two softs is very strange.

Attached files for server and client.

Thanks for help

supportServer.zip

supportClient.zip

Thanks lars,

On DRS :

max.users = 6

Buffercount = 64

max Buffer = 7

On DVBViewer server :

max.users = 6

Buffercount = 64

max Buffer = 5

On client :

Tampon (I think its max Buffer in french) = 7

Effectivly max Buffer are not the same between DRS and DVBViewer server. I will try 5 on DRS asap and I post result.

Thanks

Edited by ulysse

sorry I post twice, I dont know how to delete.

I tried whith maxBuffer = 5,7,10 both on client and server and I have the same issue, a freeze every 10s.

I think DRS is more heavy about threads than dvbserver or maybe there is sleep(1000) somewhere in the DRS code or something like this.

• 4 months later...

Any update on this issue?

I have the same problem and I once guessed it was the performance of the USB virtualization.

I need recording service so that it can be streamed to my iphone.

Thanks,

no, I dont see any fix on this issue, maybe it is a latency problem on USB vmware.

Now I use dvblast on a linux VM with DVBViewer as IPTV client on windows, but its not the same approach.

• 2 weeks later...

for me on rec service is :

On DVBViewer server :

max.users = 6

Buffercount = 7 ( yours is 64?!)

max Buffer = 7