No EPG Data BBC3 BBC4

blues-riff

I just upgraded to V 4.5 and BBC3 and BBC4 no longer show EPG data nor are they in the EPG channel list.

I have them in the favourites list and have no problem tuning to them to show CBBC and CBeebies during the day and BBC 3 and BBC 4 at night. CBBC and Cbeebies both have EPG no problem.

If I open EPGplus TV Guide tab then at the top of the column for BBC 3 and 4 it says "No EPG."

When I did the transponder scan I unchecked the 'Only active channels' to make sure they showed up in the channel list. I seem to missing some other filter setting somewhere any ideas please ??

Receiving the EPG data requires separate channellist / favourite entries for BBC 3 / CBBC resp. BBC 4 / CBeebies, each with its according service ID, that is different.

Is is possible to receive BBC 3 video & audio via the CBBC entry, because the Video / Audio PIDs are identical. However, assigning EPG data to a channel requires the correct service ID.

Furthermore there is a bug preventing DVBViewer 4.5 from auto-updating channels to the complete set of channel data if they were scanned / found during their inactive time (which means, only the service ID is present in the channel data). At least the PMT PID has to be added manually. Will be fixed in the upcoming service update.

The easiest way to work around this issue is to scan CBBC / CBeebies during the day and BBC 3/4 in the night.

Thanks for the quick response!

I checked the Service ID and the PMT Pid for BBC 3(6319 and 266 respectively)and both are present and indeed are different to those in the CBBC channel (6317 and 262) also they match the data given in the 'Kingofsat' channel info listings.

So still at a loss for what to do

Another thought which may be completely off base as I am no expert in this area.

I still tune to channel on the transponder at 11427 to obtain the fast download of EPG data which I thought included EPG for all freesat channels why would these be missing from that data stream?

Problem resolved!!

I took the advice to scan at night and copied the newly scanned BBC3 and BBC4 channels into my channel list. This fixed the EPG problem, but when I look at the channel parameters they are the same as before, still it works.

Thanks for the assistance.