DVBViewer on Freeview HD Channels with BlackGold TV card

beachcomber

Hi All,

Hope you have all had a great Christmas and I wish you all a happy new Year.

I have now received and installed the new Black Gold terrestrial multi channel PCI Express multi channel card capable of receiving both DVB-T and the new DVB-T2 digital standard it will also support analogue PAL, NTSE, CECAM and Cable DVB-C.

To review the information in more detail see link below.

http://shop.blackgold.tv/epages/BT3159.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT3159/Products/BGT3620

I have three problems that maybe you could solve.

1. The signal strength meter shows approx 80% when scanning for signals even if the channels are empty.

2. The signal strength meter shows approx 5% strength when tuned to a working channel and I know the my previous card Avermedia showed 100%.

3. In the Options menu/hardware this card displays as six cards plus my Technotrend Budget S3200 card. I have tried 7231 BDA DVBT Tuner 4 and 7231 BDA DVBC Tuner 6 (Cable?) (see them in the channel list), it would be nice if they could all be given one number. Sometimes when switching from Sat to Terrestrial it is hard to get the Terrestrial card to start. When going from Terrestrial to Sat there is no problem.

4. Apart from these niggly problems DVBViewer is coping well and giving great high quality HD streams.

My operating system:

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium.

Intel Core2 Duo E8200 Wollfdale running at 3.53 Ghz.

Motherboard ASUS P5K.

Graphics Card Radeon HD 5750 Driver Version 8.801.0.0.

Sat Card Technotrend Budget S3200 Driver Version 5.0.2.1

Terrestrial Card T/T2 : Black Gold BGT 3520 Driver Version 8.0.0.0

I cannot insert a clip here from Channel 4 HD due to upload limit. Anything else that you may need please just ask. The card will work with DBVViewer, so if it is too much of a problem I can get by.

Many thanks in advance Happy new year to you all,

beachcomber.

Hi cp2,

Thanks for directing me to that forum. I suppose if I knew I should of addressed my problems in the Hardware forum. Seeing some of the problems I am getting off prety well.

Many thanks,

beachcomber.