PC wakes up spontaneously

stephil

Hello all,

months ago I reformatted my PC to Windows7 64bit and haven't been using DVBViewer for long time after that.

Later, considering the analog to DVB-T Switch OFF in my country, I installed the latest DVBViewer in order to have more flexibility in frequency search.

Since then, every morning I found my PC turned on (I normally leave it is "suspend") and all attempts to figure out the reason ofr it failed until I uninstalled DVBViewer.

Now, recently my SKY box broke, so I reinstalled DVBViewer to watch my Sky subscribed channels (it worked fine...) but again. every morning now I see my PC is on.

Browsing teh Windows event viewer I don't see anything related to DVBViewer, but at roughly 2am or 2.30am a new log of events starts.

Yetsreday I uninstalled once more the package and this morning the PC was regularly off.

I can live without DVBViewer now, but having paid for it I'd like to randomly make use of it however, specially for streaming to another PC (I'll open another thread for the case...) so I'm wondering what's behind the above issue.

Any idea?

Thanks

Hell yeah..I have same problem after updating 4.5 version and installed recording service. I really like to hear too what is causing this wierd wake ups...

Well...today I found out that it is recording service EPG search which wakes my pc up.Question is is it possible to configure so that it makes auto search only when PC is up and running?

Well...today I found out that it is recording service EPG search which wakes my pc up.Question is is it possible to configure so that it makes auto search only when PC is up and running?

No! The easiest way is to simply set the time for the autosearchtimer to be executed when there is a big chance you are using the HTPC :)

No! The easiest way is to simply set the time for the autosearchtimer to be executed when there is a big chance you are using the HTPC :)

So what is hard way to avoid autostart for EPG search then? My htpc is not running every day but now and then...2 times/week for recording programs.Is there possibility to change RS so that it update EPG search only when pc is up and running like days when recording happens or when I watch recordings?

So what is hard way to avoid autostart for EPG search then? My htpc is not running every day but now and then...2 times/week for recording programs.Is there possibility to change RS so that it update EPG search only when pc is up and running like days when recording happens or when I watch recordings?

No, I said! This is a bad idea cuz of the simple fact the EPG search as you call it is a timer, which you like it or not will always start up the HTPC if it is standbyed/hibernated for execution of the Autosearch timer the time it is set to. You cant stop this autostart cuz that would require you to query if HTPC is on or off and that is impossible if HTPC is standbyed/hibernated. You see a computer in S3/S4/S5 mode cant be asked anything...you have to wake it up first and query windows and depending on the answer stop an Autosearchtimer to be executed and that means your question falls on it's own impossibility...meaning your HTPC must be woken up either way to make your wish possible. If this behaviour, which is a non-issue for all of us others using RS, bother you so much you can always set your Autosearchtimer to hibernate/standby the HTPC when it is done. Then you will not even take notice of anything unusual. It is like an ordinary recording session, HTPC wakes up and records the show and then goes to sleep.

Well, I didn't have these problems before with DVBViewer with Scheduler and EPGPlus.For some reason (I still don't know why) after I updated DVBViewer to version 4.5 my htpc started act wiredly.It started recording as it should but it didn't go sleep mode after recording and if I changed some power settings things went opposite.EPGPlus updated EPG data and search recorded programs only when pc was up and running.

Edited by JPV1961

Haven't used EPGPlus. This is probably cuz the EPG update task for EPGPlus is not a timer which are abled to wake up a computer from standby/hibernation. So it does only update the EPG when PC is on. And for the record, the Autosearch timer behaviour waking up HTPC from standby/hibernation, is NOT a problem. It is essensial! Otwerwise you will miss recordings if EPG and timerdatabase is not updated if you havent been home for a long time. This is a system for full recording automation. You can always request a new function in the Suggestions & Ideas section, where it would be possible to add an option within the autosearch timer to disable the autostart function and see if devs take you up on it.

:bye:

Edited by majstang