Transedit lock the sat device

toblerone

hello, today i played with some feeds, and i used transedit (latest 3.6.1) for searching for it

sometimes transedit worked correctly but sometimes gived to me a "not devices present" and the sat card stopped to works until a pc reboot

it happened many times with some search (eg: some search ok and the next one i had the error and the card hanghed)

after the card "lock" no chance to use it, with or without the recording service and as well using other softwares

no probs at all in the past without use transedit

thanks in adv

(edit: missed support file)

support.zip

Edited by toblerone

HVR 4400, right? Unfortunately I have no experience with this device, and I can't remember other reports about this issue. So there is nothing I can tell you.

TransEdit handles the HVR 4400 like other Hauppauge DVB-S devices (like my Nova S2 HD), and here it works. All you can do is trying this and that, e.g. changing hardware options (particularly Stop stream while tuning, Use standard interface, Use internal Network Provider filter) or DiSEqC options (e.g. set it to None): Maybe you will find something that helps...

Transedit and the Recording Service can't use a device at the seam time.

If the Recording Service is running may be e EPG update or recording is using the card at the moment when you start Transedit.

thx to both for the replyes

just tested a new scan, recording service started (without any schedule or client active)

transedit: updated 13e

all fine, but at the "scan all" i had the not found hw error, after this no chance stopping/restarting the recording service or trying DVBViewer

in transedit hw setup i have just "dvb-s2" and "use internal network provider filter" actived

better to stop the recording service before?

eg with using a script like this:

net stop DVBVRecorder

"C:\Program Files\DVBViewer\TransEdit.exe"

net start DVBVRecorder

now i cannot test it, a reboot is needed for have the card working back

(no probs if i don't use transedit)

edit: stopping the recording service before the first transedit start helps

thx

Edited by toblerone

no, is another one,

and this time hanghed during a simple satellite update (with rs active)

but the warning message appeared when i tried to scan a transponder (after that update)

np, i can stop the rs before use transedit, seem to works without problems

post-100551-0-29739500-1294412648_thumb.jpg

Edited by toblerone

no, is another one,

and this time hanghed during a simple satellite update (with rs active)

but the warning message appeared when i tried to scan a transponder (after that update)

np, i can stop the rs before use transedit, seem to works without problems

but that is not ok!

if some tests are needed let me know, i can to repeat that issue without probs

after a sat update appears always that warning (with rs active)

forgot to say: after that warning i have always it, as well if i re-execute transedit with or without the hardware "detect devices"

edit: this time for have transedit (or DVBViewer) back to working was enough to stop then restart rs, but yeaterday many times doesn't helped

Edited by toblerone
  • 2 weeks later...

Griga thx

the same test now works without probs with 3.6.3 (only one try but before was always reproducible)

(the card hanghed at the first try after the DVBViewer 4.6.0 update, and a try with transedit 3.6.3 confirmed the hang, but after a reboot now both looks fine)

regards