Bug: Stop button deactivates timeshift

subvertbeats

Hello

When timeshift is activated, and you have rewound the active stream, then you use the stop button to return to Live TV, timeshift is deactivated, so that the rewind button no longer works.

This happens even though 'Automatic Timeshift' is enabled in DVBViewer options.

You must either manually re-enable timeshift, or change channel, and change channel back again, and of course in both scenarios you lose the ability to rewind any further than that point.

I have thought about logical reasons for this behaviour but I cannot think of any.

The behaviour is inconsistent with other DVB software Ive used, and more importantly is inconsistent with set top boxes behaviour (unfortunately this is one of those issues that can annoy the family and make them reluctant to accept the HTPC solution).

I think the bug is really that the 'Automatic timeshift' option is ignored when returning to Live TV by use of the stop button during a timeshift.

Thanks!

TV Card: 1 x TBS 6981 Dual DVB-S2 with driver 2.0.0.11

MoBo: Gigabyte P55-US3L Rev 1.0 with F7 BIOS with latest drivers from Gigabyte

GFX Card: ATI 5750 1GB with Catalyst 10.12

support.zip

Edited by subvertbeats

Why do you press stop instead the "jump to live/next"-button?

Because thats the behaviour of all the STBs we've ever had - its what myself, my wife and children are used to. (Sky+, Virgin V+ etc).

Using these STBs, pressing stop whilst in timeshift just returns you to live TV and because they always have an 'Automatic Timeshift' option enabled (its no option, its just always that way), when you return the live TV, timeshifting capability is not disabled like it is here.

So, several times already, the family have used the capability, gone back to live TV, some time later wanted to rewind TV to show something they just missed, and they cannot, leading to frustration and requests to 'just use the Sky Box again'.

To re-iterate - I think the behaviour is correct/expected if 'Automatic Timeshift' was NOgt enabled, but when the option is enabled, I only see disadvantages/limitations in the Stop button de-activating timeshift (Why not just have the Timeshift toggle switch be used to de-activate timeshift?)