Webserver no access via WAN

ddichiera

Hi everyone,

I have only just started trying to use the webserver via WAN, but I'm having problems.

I have two servers, one with an old version of Recording Service which I can access from inside or outside my network and I have another server with the current version of Recording Service which can be accessed locally - but not from outside.

I'm sure it's not a port forwarding issue because I've set the port to 80 in both servers and I only have one rule for forwarding port 80. I go to my router and edit the rule to point to one or other server. If I set it to point to the server with the old version all is fine and I can access the webserver from outside my network. If I then edit the rule to point to the server with the current version of RS, the webpage hangs and eventually times out ("The server is taking too long to respond"). If I navigate to that webserver internally though, it responds fine.

I see that that part of Recording Service has changed in the current version.

Dominic

Tjod, you are a genius - solved.

I had no idea the PC firewall could differentiate between LAN and WAN.

Yes, the "old" version has the firewall off and the "current" one was set to local access only for DVB Recording Service.

Thanks very much.

Dominic