PropCopy

McenterFreak

In the members area i found a very nice utility that copies Metadata from recorded .TS files to edited .TS files.

I would like to know if it can be used fraom a batch file. Would be nice, because i use VideRedo to batch edit all my recordings, removing unwanted material, but VideRedo can't copy the metadata to the resulting files

I would like to know if it can be used from a batch file.

No. But as a quick hack I could provide an update that works in the following way: If (and only if) there are two command parameters

PropCopy [sourceFile] [DestinationFile]

the tool copies the metadata from source to destination without showing up (no window appearing, no error messages), and terminates automatically after the job is done. Is this what you need?

No. But as a quick hack I could provide an update that works in the following way: If (and only if) there are two command parameters

PropCopy [sourceFile] [DestinationFile]

the tool copies the metadata from source to destination without showing up (no window appearing), and terminates automatically after the job is done. Is this what you need?

Great!

I need no error codes, nor any message. If it works, it works, if not, bad luck

Great!

I need no error codes, nor any message. If it works, it works, if not, bad luck

I suppose you are aiming for using this tool along with Videoredo as an after recording task in RS, but will it be fully automated? I would like to know more about your solution, care to elaborate. I have thought about start investigating a good fully automated commercial remover solution to be used with RS a long time now, but never got to it :)

Here we go: Version 1.2.1 of the property copier is available in the members area, tools section:

- Added: Command line mode.

It took 15 minutes to change and re-compile the code, but much longer to update the out-dated ReadMe (English and German)... the usual punishment for changing something ;)

Here we go: Version 1.2.1 of the property copier is available in the members area, tools section:

- Added: Command line mode.

Hello Griga

There are som minor bugs. The destination file has some wrong values, i am not shure about the english name for the placeholders:

Titel: Are changed to DVBViewer Pro V....

Undertext: Are changed to Date

Episodename: Are changed to Date

Genre: Are cleared

Here is a screenshoot (in Danish)

Sourcefile is left

Edited by McenterFreak

I can't reproduce it under XP, except that DVBViewer Pro writes a Genre entry where the Copier expects a Category entry. That's why it isn't copied.

I'll ask Lars, maybe he knows more...

Another try: Version 1.2.2 of the property copier is available in the members area, tools section.

I've reworked parts of the code (with help from Lars), and I hope it will handle everything correctly now:

- Fix: The file properties could get mixed up under certain conditions (I couldn't reproduce it, but Lars knew a possible reason).

- Fix: Already existing properties weren't replaced by empty properties on copying, thus potentially creating an inconsistent mixture.

- Fix: Genre properties created by DVBViewer Pro weren't copied.

Works perfect now. Thanks

If you find yourselv lazy one day, and have nothing else to do, then it could be nice if we can do a ProcCopy "dir A" "Dir 2" where Dir A is the source and Dir 2 is the destination, and of couerse filename must bee identical in both "dir"

I suppose you are aiming for using this tool along with Videoredo as an after recording task in RS, but will it be fully automated? I would like to know more about your solution, care to elaborate. I have thought about start investigating a good fully automated commercial remover solution to be used with RS a long time now, but never got to it :)

Yes you are quite rigth. Made a simple Visual Basic program. It should be very easy to translate to other compilers like C#

It is very simple, and expect everything is placed in specific folders, but should be easy to change. If i do some more refinement, i will post it here

Here it is:

Imports System
Imports System.IO

Public Class Form1
   Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
       Dim SourcePath As String = "J:\Test\Source\"
       Dim DestinationPath As String = "J:\Test\Destination\"
       Dim ExePath As String = "J:\Test\PropCopy\"
       Dim ExeFile As String = "PropCopy.exe"
       Dim Di As New DirectoryInfo(SourcePath)
       Dim fiArr As FileInfo() = Di.GetFiles
       Dim fri As FileInfo
       Dim Fil As String
       Dim ID As Integer
       For Each fri In fiArr
           Fil = fri.Name
           ID = Shell(ExePath & ExeFile & " """ & SourcePath & Fil & """ """ & DestinationPath & Fil & """", , , )
       Next
   End Sub
End Class

Edited by Griga
code tags added

Yes, that is a nice start :) Have you looked into getting some automation between comskip and videoredo? I have now a fully working automated commercial remover solution with comskip and videoredo as tools. The engine is autohotkey and it runs the comskip step through commandline, then taking the .VPrj to Videoredo to create the .BPrj. Then once again commandline cutting and (if needed) reencode with videoredo.

The middle step is the one bugging me. Creating a .BPrj with commanline seem to be impossible, but doable non-commandline-style with the right autohotkey commands. I have some refining to do, but will post it when it is ready.

A user (mm-bob) at recordere.dk has made a script that do excactly the same as my VB program.

Here it is:

for /r "j:\Test\Destination\" %%f in (*.ts) do if exist "j:\Test\Source\%%~nxf" ( propcopy "j:\Test\Source\%%~nxf" "%%f")

I am in the fantastic situation, that we don't have comersials in the midle of a broadcast

So my interest is only skipping in front and back

Wow, it seems Denmark is the place to live in ;)

Well, its nice to get rid of the "evil" front and backs advertisement also :)

Edited by majstang
  • 4 weeks later...

@Griga

I'm investigating commandline tools which are abled to retrieve file-properties/metadata from a videofile. This tool of yours is truly a nice one. However, I must ask you if you are willing to add a certain feature which would be great to have when processing the recordings by script? The feature I'm talking about is copying the metadata from input file to clipboard/notepadfile. Such a feature would give an opportunity to read the data into a variable. Then it would be possible to retrieve information about the recording which is hard to come by elsewhere.

Edited by majstang

@Griga

I'm investigating commandline tools which are abled to retrieve file-properties/metadata from a videofile. This tool of yours is truly a nice one. However, I must ask you if you are willing to add a certain feature which would be great to have when processing the recordings by script? The feature I'm talking about is copying the metadata from input file to clipboard/notepadfile. Such a feature would give an opportunity to read the data into a variable. Then it would be possible to retrieve information about the recording which is hard to come by elsewhere.

Why not use the file created with the same info. Example (in Danish):

[General]

Version=1.1

[Media]

Created=04.01.2011 14:15:02

Channel=TV 2 / Lorry

[0]

Id=6802

Date=04.01.2011

Time=14:20:00

Duration=00:30:00

Title=Danmarks grimmeste rum

Info=I boligprogrammet afsløres det, at Danmark er fuld af grimme rum. I hvert fald hvis man skal tro stakken af ansøgninger, som redaktionen bag programmet har fået. Men Carina og Jens' soveværelse på Langeland slår nu det me..

Series=

Description=I boligprogrammet afsløres det, at Danmark er fuld af grimme rum. I hvert fald hvis man skal tro stakken af ansøgninger, som redaktionen bag programmet har fået. Men Carina og Jens' soveværelse på Langeland slår nu det meste: Et grøn-spraglede nylon-gulvtæppe kravler helt op over sengegavlen, og væggene er dækket af kork og mørkebrune skabslåger. Dertil kommer dørkarme og vinduer, der er malet lilla. Designer Mikkel Kure og håndværker Mikkel Carstensen er dybt rystede, men smøger ærmerne og forvandler dette mareridt af et soveværelse til en drøm af en oase til den travle familien sammen med værten Anne Katrine Okholm Skole.|[16:9]

Charset=255

Content=32

[stats]

Errors=2

Size=1,82 GB (1949034164 bytes)

Avr. Datarate=0,689 MB/s

Device=Hauppauge WinTV 88x DVB-T Tuner/Demod (5)

Yes, I suppose that is the tool RS uses when creating the EPG information file and the Extended Logging (format informations) file. However these files clutters the recordingfolder and are tedious to remove, therefor I prefer to have these disabled. Otherwise I could get the information I need from these, but it would be great anyhow having a tool which are abled to extract all metadata whenever it is needed instantly for use in scripts. PropCopy already has all the required features and only needs some minor additional code to accomplish that and most important it has command line support. So, lets see what Griga says about this little suggestion :)

Edited by majstang
  • 8 months later...

Hi Griga!

Just wanted to ask you how propcopy handles summer/winter time? I had some issues lately that i can't get my head around...more details in this thread:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/47452-rs-database-winter-time-change-bug/page__pid__349341#entry349341

I do use the propcopy in commandline mode and i don't know if propcopy during summertime is responsible for changing fileinfo "date" back to wintertime

according to the screendumps posted in the link and below. Your view on it would be greatly appreciated :)

delprops screendump:

Just wanted to ask you how propcopy handles summer/winter time?

Not at all. It just copies a selection of properties from one file to another (title, subject, author, keywords, comment, category, source, genre, user defined properties). The created/date properties remain untouched. The handling is up to the OS.