iMon - is it worth the hassle?

toshola

I recently built a HTPC in an Antec Fusion Black case. The case came with an IR interface and remote. We got everything put together and working and I have to admit it is cool to be able to start the PC via a remote. That said, I am having all sorts of problems with the iMon software. For some reason the software interferes with itunes and our wireless network making playing music from another PC on the HTPC impossible. I know it is the iMon software because all problems stopped when I uninstalled it.

I have downloaded what I think is a newer version of the software but I'm wondering if it is even worth messing with. I'm not wild about how the display looks and having easy access to our music libraries is by far my priority. On top of that I have read that getting a universal remote to turn on the PC won't work because they used a proprietary type of IR signal.

Is anyone out there an experienced user of iMon VFD? Any thoughts on whether it is worth spending the time to debug these issues?

Thanks.

I had Imon, now I bougth MCE remote with IR, and all probrems gone. With Imon after 10-15min. I need tu push 2 or 3 times button to make it works. I thing Imon is a big sh... The same thing with Imon is and on another HTPC witch I build for my friend.