ATSC EIT (EPG) Not Loaded Correctly

ddlynm

In DVBViewer 4.5.0.0, as well as the previous version, ATSC EIT (EPG) data from the last subchannel in a mux is loaded as the primary (first) channel and no EPG data is loaded for any other channels. Consequently, the EPG for any primary (first) channel in a mux that has subchannels is wrong and there is no EPG for the subchannels at all. This happens on ALL muxes with more than 1 channel that I have ever scanned. My TV's EPG and TSReader both show these muxes ALL have EPG data for all channels and the EPG data is assigned correctly to ALL channels.

Is there any hope of getting this fixed?

support.zip

Edited by ddlynm

Hmm, we did not changed anything on this code. Can we get an sample (only the non video/audio streams) ? Can be easily done with Transedit..

Christian

Can be easily done with Transedit..

Please use the full version from the members area, not the restricted free version. Manual

The TransEdit Analyzer allows to record a random selection of streams, including MGT, VCT, ETT etc.

BTW: I would like to know if the Analyzer lists the ATSC streams, channels and service information correctly. Maybe comparing the output will help to fix it in DVBViewer. The TransEdit implementation is different, but the basic problem is the same: We can't test it here with live streams, so we need as many TS samples as possible.