re-insert recordings into svcdatabase?

majstang

My svcdatabase got corrupted somehow and I couldnt read it with scripts through RS API and was forced to delete the whole recordings database. Is it possible to re-insert/update all the old entries in some easy way?

Unfortunately I do not use the save info files option, cuz these files clutter my recordings folder, so the Refresh db feature does not work. I'm too lazy to make a file move script ;)

Well, I do not have any other alternative than start from scratch then :(

• 4 months later...

Deleted a recording from recordings db and cleanup db. Then tried to get recordings db updated/refreshed with both EPG Information Files or File info files placed in RS recording folder, but neither works. Maybe this stopped working after the rework of Recording Tab/db. Can anybody confirm?

No, the only way I can refresh rec db and get it back in Recording tab/db again, are by having the actual recording in the recordings folder when refreshing. The method Tjod were referring to does not work for me...any hints on how to do it?

of course the mediafile needs to be present. :blink:

Ok, thanks! Reason for asking is lack of HDD space. I can't save too many recordings and are forced to delete them quite regularly in order to get space for new ones. Thought it would be ideal to save the EPG information files instead and use them to reinsert entries in db in case of somebody in the family accidently cleans up the rec db. In such a case all entries of earlier recordings will be gone and no way of reinserting them without the mediafile. To have a complete recordings database is getting VERY important now with your new RS feature:

Add: Webinterface/Auto search: You can now select if the auto search should compare it's results with the recordings db (Title and/or Event). If a result is found in the db the auto search will create a DEACTIVATED timer.

So, it would have been greatness if it was possible to reinsert all recordings entries in the database only by using EPG information files (all information needed to update the db is there). I'll simply solve this by backin up the svcdatabase.db3 frequently instead :) Maybe there could be a chance to add a new RS task: "Backup Recordings database", so it could be done automatically every day :bye:

Edited by majstang

of course the mediafile needs to be present. :blink:

Does refresh db search for files under sub-directories in recording folder as well ?

Yes, recurse into subfolders to RS recordingsfolder works when refreshing db.

Is it possible to supprot 'save EPG as fileinfo' while recording to ext3/ext4 filesystem which I believe many users used to record TV to NAS.

Edited by hk_ben

Well, I have no experience regarding ext3/ext4 filesystem, but the principle should be the same as for the FAT32 or NTFS filesystem used on internal HDD's. Tossing files back and forth between HDDs formated with FAT32 and NTFS is usually no problem, so i can't see any difficulties regarding save EPG as fileinfo from RS on ext3/ext4 formated NAS. All newer filessystems must backwardscompatible with older ones, otherwise the newer filesystems would be completely useless.

Edited by majstang
Tossing files back and forth between HDDs formated with FAT32 and NTFS is usually no problem, so i can't see any difficulties regarding save EPG as fileinfo from RS on ext3/ext4 formated NAS.

The fileinfo will disappear. Only NTFS does support the fileinfo. Always keep the info file (the .txt one) with your recordings, then you are on the safe side.