DVBService - two clients on the same PC

pankov

HI

I've been using DVBViewer and the Recording Service for a while, but I just stumbled on a problem that's really strange to me.

I have two PC's and one of them has the DVB-C card with CI and official CAM and Card from my cable provider and everything works just fine. I have DVBViewer installed on both PCs and I've configured them to use the service with Unicast clients. I can't watch different channels simultaneously because I have only one DVB-C card ... I can't even watch different channels on the same transponder ... but I can watch the same channel on both PCs without a problem. The strange thing is I can't have two different DVBViewer instances on the same PC connected to the service on the other. I get "no hardware available" message which is very strange since it's the same service that works in both instances on the same PC when I use it one by one and I'm trying to watch the same channel so in reality there is hardware available. If I start a third DVBViewer client on the other PC it works and after channel redirection shows the same channel without any problem.

So the question is - what is preventing me from having two DVBViewer instances running on the same PC and connecting to the same Recording service?

I didn't see such a configuration option in the service options and I'm almost sure that this worked an year or so ago.

I suspect is has to do with different usermodes (location of configfolder). RS requires clients to be intalled with usermode=2 or 0. Your second instance must have usermode=1 (otherwise it will not run simultainously with first instance) thus an another path to the config folder.

Sadly this is not the problem, because I don't have any problem starting the two DVBViewer clients on the same PC at the same time.

They are located in different folders - one is in C:\Program Files\DVBViewer and the second is in C:\Program Files\DVBViewer_zone2.

They both are configured in UserMode=0 and have different Root folders even though they are not used (Root=CMUV\DVBViewer and Root=CMUV\DVBViewer_zone2). Also I've just tested it and there is no problem if the two clients (on the same PC) connect to different Recording services - one using the DVB-C card and the other using the DVB-S card on another PC.

So I'm still absolutely lost what is causing this "no hardware available" since the whole idea is that the Rec Service should allow unlimited (or limited by the number in it's configuration which I've set to "6" so I have a big margin) never minding which client IP is it.

Also I don't have any problem connecting to the service using the "Test Connection" button in both DVBViewers.

Any ideas?

..yes, you must be doing something wrong. Dunno why you want 2 local clients, but it's not impossible.

here's the proof with an older 4.3 and the current 4.6 (both user mode=0) :D

ps

for further investigation you should attach the inevitable support.zip (from each client), but maybe you just have to install some additional unicast devices ;)

10x Derrick for the proof.

Now if only I can find out what's preventing me from getting the same result.

I've looked at the log files of the the client and the server and I don't see anything wrong but I'm not an expert.

Which support.zip file should I provide?

Where is more likely my problem? In the service or the client configuration?