Install DvbViewer 4.6.0 to W2K?

jones

I had problems on installing DVBViewer 4.6.0 over an existing 4.2.1 installation. At the end of installation in the dialog "Start from scratch or modify existing settings?" I just get simply an error message "The parameter is incorrect.". The same happens if I choose "Modify existing settings" or "Start from scratch". And when I just try starting DVBViewer I can see it appearing for 1-2 seconds in 'Task manager', but then it dies away without any message.

Also then tried removing (renamed) the DVBViewer installation folder at "Program files" and removing (renamed) "DVBViewer Pro" folder at "Application Data". The result was still the same.

Then installed back 4.2.1 and that worked without trouble.

The computer is an old box with Windows 2000 (sp4), Technisat DVB-PC TV Star (driver 4.3.3.0), ATI Radeon 7000 (Catalyst version 6.2, driver package 8.221), mainboard Intel D865PERL with P4 2.8GHz. Support ZIP attached.

support.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Also Doesn't W2K only use WDM like NT4.0? You need XP, 2003, Vista, 2007 or Windows 7 for BDA driver I think.

Maybe you can get a cheap old stock XP pro licence. That spec will run XP better than many 1 or 2 year old PCs with Vista.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...