DVBViewer "Always on Top" function

PstryPtak

After new installation Recording Service (previously i always use clear DVBViewer and this problem does not occur) DVBViewer is not top application when i start recording. "Always On Top" mode is marked in menu, but it's not help. This situation is occur only if I start recording (button on MCE IR Remote). After this i can't stop recording and all function in remote not work. When I click mouse on DVBViewer screen area, problems disappear, Remote and any function work OK. No diffrent's when I change priority application in DVBViewer option or priority in Recording Servive option.

support.zip

Edited by PstryPtak

"Always on top" doesn't necessarily mean that DVBViewer is focused (= able to receive keyboard input). In Windows an application may be on top without being focused.

You may want to try the KeepFocus-Plugin that I've attached here.

Store the DLL in the DVBViewer\Plugins folder. After (re-)launching DVBViewer you will see the according menu item in the Plugins Menu, allowing to let the plugin control the input focus never, always or only in full screen mode.

The plugin periodically checks if DVBViewer has the input focus. If not the plugin will immediately give DVBViewer the focus.

This is not good idea - DVBViewer should have focus by default and ONLY if user want this, not always.

In version 4.2 recording or pip not change focus.

You should correct this in version 4.5 and 4.6, not by strange plugin.

I tested plugin. Unfortunately the lack of the improvement.

Continually if I start recording of this Recording Service, he causes that DVBViewer stops to be the Top application.

When I click mouse on sreen area in DVBViewer, all back to normal.

Maybe... for your plugin both of programs (DVBViewer and Recording Service) is recognized as the same?

I have newwest version DVBViewer and Recording Service.

Edited by PstryPtak

KeepFocus-Plugin not help in this situation.

This plugin can change focus form other programs to DVBViewer, but can't change focus from internal window in DVBViewer (PIP window or recording message window) to DVBViewer main window, and remote controll still not working after user use PIP or Recorrding.

Edited by Cav

The remove everything from the Plugins Folder and put them back one by one to see which caused the problem.

Most likely one in Plugins/Plugins.. because thy are used for PiP an background recordings.

The remove everything from the Plugins Folder and put them back one by one to see which caused the problem.

Most likely one in Plugins/Plugins.. because thy are used for PiP an background recordings.

In Plugins Folder I have only 4 instances [removed], necessary to multi stream read legal card from my operator, but CI module is not working correctly with my card (Twinhan ad sp400) and DVBViewer, especially with multi stream work.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combination with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "conditional access module" (CAM)and/or the corresponding "common interface" (CI) with a smart-card. This applies regardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.

Well... In my plugins folder also work special plugin for reading CW form MY original card, in MY cardserver.

Sorry but for my it's only one way, to cheap receive my original legal card.

Well... I have one concept:

Girder + IR Receiver + IR Remote

One from buttons IR Remote configure to function like clicking on screen area on DVBViewer and no problems:)

Edited by PstryPtak

Well... In my plugins folder also work special plugin for reading CW form MY original card, in MY cardserver.

Sorry but for my it's only one way, to cheap receive my original legal card.

Well... I have one concept:

Girder + IR Receiver + IR Remote

One from buttons IR Remote configure to function like clicking on screen area on DVBViewer and no problems:)

How function?

I have MediaBay Software to managing remote control, then I can choose Task from remote.

Maybe I can use similar function and use only one key on remote.

P.S.

Fix this problem in DVBViewer is impossible?

Yes, Girder. (not "grider").

In this program (and Igor IR Reciver and Igor Soft Plugin) You have to assingn any Remote with any button to any action in Your PC.

This program is not simply, but the best for PC and IR Remote.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem.

It's my [removed] plugin to generate focus problem after start manual or auto recording.

I've solved mapping a IR remote button with the mouse click button.

§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combination with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "conditional access module" (CAM)and/or the corresponding "common interface" (CI) with a smart-card. This applies regardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

• 5 weeks later...

With plugs and rec service, this is the problem:

I start manually an rec , and when i click stop, DVBViewer windows disssapear( minimise).

I must wait few second and then click on DVBViewer in taskbar( double click or triple click). Sometimes is not working, and DVBViewer crash.

Also with PIP same problems.

But there are an solution for that:

Let say my situation, i have desktop PC and 2 laptops( client).

Plugins for all 3 computers are in desktop PC, but if i move plugins1 to client PC 1,plugins 2 to client PC 2, problem is fixed.

On Desktop( server PC), leave only plugins for this computer.

For OTHERS Computers(clients) put plugins in each computer.

But this solution does not work with Iphone...only with PC with windows.

Edited by bogdan1980