EPG Download from RecService

iriskin

It stopped working when i updated to 4.6. Doesn't work automatically and doesn't work when i try to update it manually by pressing the button. Not sure if u need it in this case, but still:

Am i the only one with this problem? Everything worked fine in 4.5, but with 4.6 and 4.6.0.1 DVBViewer just doesn't download EPG from Recording Service. Here's and example for you:

1) This is the EPG, that i imported to RecordingService, using Xepg. As u can see there is EPG for 21.01.2011, 22.01.2011, etc..

epgrds.jpg

2)Here's proof that i have all latest versions.

versiono.jpg

3)As u can see RDS is connected and working.

rdsz.jpg

I press "Update EPG" button there and... nothing, just those epg entries, that DVBViewer gets by itself(by 2 at a time). Nothing was downloaded from RecordingService.

nothingio.jpg

Hope u can do smth about it or just give me a tip what i can change by myself if it's my fault. Thank you.

No, they are set by default. Test connection is successfull. I can send timers from DVBViewer to Recording Service, but EPG download doesn't work. I tried to set admin and password to admin now. Result is the same. I didn't change any setting since 4.5.

Edited by iriskin

Hi,

I had the same problem but only on selected channels, so after a little investigation in the channel editor I found that the channel that didn't download the epg from recording service had only "external" flag selected (see picture 1).

picture1kc.jpg

So I flagged all the other options (picture 2), redownloaded the epg from recording service, and now all is ok.

picture2ze.jpg

The same setting worked fine on 4.5

Hope this help.

Varesino

Varesino, thank you!!! I had "DVB EPG" and "External EPG" selected, but "SFI, MHW(+)EPG" deselected. It worked fine in 4.5 that way. But obviously it's a bug, that came new in 4.6. Thank you again anyway, now it works!

Edited by iriskin

Have the same problem. It seems for me that something is "new" in V4.6.

I get the EPG for many german channels via EPGImporter into the RS. In the RS WebInterface i can see the correct loaded EPG Data from EPGImporter.

On the Client, i download the Favorites and the Channel List, but didn't get the complete EPG, option Load EPG Data from Recording Service is also enabled.

I have in the Channel List on the RS marked the channels where i get the data from EPGImporter, with only the Option "external", what should be correct.

The Favorites now are the same on the "RS DVBViewer" and on the Client (download Favorites from RS is marked on the Client Options). But i get only the EPG Data from all other channels, where all 3 EPG Options marked, no EPG Data where i should see the EPG Data imported from the EPGImporter.

If i mark in the favorites all EPG Option on the Client, i get DVB EPG and not the EPG Informations from the EPGImporter. Hope you understand what i mean...

for me EPG import from RS doesn't work too (since 4.6). Enabling all three options is not possible, because then the EPG from RS will be overwritten by the DVB EPG when I tune the channel!

You should enable in the DVBViewer channel list the same settings for the EPG as in the one from the Recording Service.

The EPG imported from the RS should have in the DVBViewer the same type as it had in RS.

Tjod, turned out, that EPG imported to RecService from Xepg has type "SFI, MHW(+)EPG". So i have to check only it in channel list. I think that it is too complicated, considering that it has an option "External EPG" in client channel list, that is supposed to be for "Loaded from RecService and such". I just don't understand how this works. What do "DVB EPG" "SFI, MHW(+)EPG" and "External EPG" mean? How do I know what EPG type has a channel in Recording Service? Do I have to experiment in Client to know it? Very complicated.

You should enable in the DVBViewer channel list the same settings for the EPG as in the one from the Recording Service.

The EPG imported from the RS should have in the DVBViewer the same type as it had in RS.

When i enable the options in the DVBViewer Client to get the favorites and channel list from RS, then the type is the same as in RS, or?

It should be:

External EPG = imported with an external tool e.g. Xepg, EPGImporter (XMLTV)

SFI, MHW(+)EPG = EPG resided via a special EPG service e.g. SiehFern, MediaHighWay, FreeSat EPG

DVB EPG = transmitted directly with the channel.

About the channel list, the best thing to do is to use the same list in DVBViewer and RS.

@wello

yes

Tjod, my EPG was imported with Xepg(to RS), but Client downloads EPG from RecordingService only if i check "SFI, MHW(+)EPG". SFI and MHW receiving is disabled both in RS and DVBViewer in General EPG Settings. I guess smth is wrong with it.

With the types, that's now clear for me, was not 100% sure about that. Thanks for explanation.

But, when the Channel List is the same, on Client and on RS, then there must be a problem, because the EPG for external is not on the Viewer but available on RS WebInterface.

For test's i had copied the channel list from RS System to Client System (and didn't use the option in the DVBV Client to get the channel list from RS)... Same behaviour...

checking "SFI, MHW(+)EPG" works. But this is wrong. In 4.5 and before the correct setting (external EPG) for receiving EPG from RS that was imported to RS via XEPG worked. Now you need to check "SFI, MHW(+)EPG" too. Why?

• 2 weeks later...

I was also unable to download the EPG from RS. Updating to the latest version solved the problem for me.

To the developers: Maybe you could add a version check and display a message if the RS version is not compatible... I can see that the release notes for DVBV 4.6 mentions features that require the newest RS version, but I had no indication that previous functionality would require an update.

Edit: I updated to the latest RS version, if unclear...

Edited by Kommakul