Is DVBViewer capable of decoding NagraVision?

ostbey

Recently I discovered that I could watch TV Globo Internacional (most important Brazilian TV channel) using the DVBViewer, despite the fact that it is supposed to be encrypted with NagraVision.

This didn't work when I last tried before, last year.

The configuration for TV GLOBO is: Hotbird 13.0°E 11.585 V 27500 (TandbergTV)

Is DVBViewer Pro v4.2.1.0 capable of decoding NagraVision, or ANY encrypted channels at that?

Or has TV GLOBO stopped to be encrypted?

Does anybody know if temporarily or for good?

Could anybody test this?

If TV Globo wasn't encrypted any longer for good, I could cancel my subscription (€20 per month for a single channel!)...

Thank you very much in advance for any clarification!

EDIT: Another popular Brazilian channel is Rede Record, broadcast via Astra 19.2°E (GlobeCast), Free-to-Air.

Edited by ostbey
Is DVBViewer Pro v4.2.1.0 capable of decoding NagraVision, or ANY encrypted channels at that?
No, the DVBViewer has nothing to do with decoding. If you watch encrypted channel in DVBViewer the DVBViewer tells only the TV card driver which streams should be decrypted by the CI, CAM and smart card.

If you can watch the channel without CAM in the DVBViewer it is not encrypted at the moment.

But I don't know if this is only temporary or permanent.

If you have a valid subscription so valid smartcard and Nagravision cam and you could receive the signal of TV Globo then this could mean:

Wait a bit and cause TV Globo might have a problem. My provider lost the signal a few times .

If still no reception:

Garbled software, so re-install drivers for the mainboard, video, audio and DVB device.

Still no reception:

TV Globo swiched to a closed format, meaning, only reception with certified receivers.

or: CAM update to nagravision 2 that your receiver did not receive.

It's sure not a problem of DVBViewer, so only driver related or cam related.