Occasional problem with watch while record

subvertbeats

Every so often when I am recording a program using RS, I am unable to watch it whilst recording.

It plays fine after the recording finishes.

The error I get is shown in the attached image

post-104633-0-63645600-1295685375_thumb.png

support.zip

It should not happen, if only DVBViewer and RS are involved. One wild guess: Might there be an interfering antivir software? Most "real time security thingies" are configured to check all files that are written to HD. So it has to check the recording all the time, while it's actively written and blocks reading attemps. Maybe sometimes it locks up for some strange reasons or whatever.. I don't know. But in general it's a good idea to define the recordings folder(s) from RS as "save" and "don't check" in the antivir tools. I even added *.ts as "don't check" extension in my tool.

It should not happen, if only DVBViewer and RS are involved. One wild guess: Might there be an interfering antivir software? Most "real time security thingies" are configured to check all files that are written to HD. So it has to check the recording all the time, while it's actively written and blocks reading attemps. Maybe sometimes it locks up for some strange reasons or whatever.. I don't know. But in general it's a good idea to define the recordings folder(s) from RS as "save" and "don't check" in the antivir tools. I even added *.ts as "don't check" extension in my tool.

Great suggestion thanks Moses.

As I mentioned its only occasional, but sounds like a plausible explanation.

Ill do that now in Avira.

Ill post back with results after a while.

Edited by subvertbeats