Resume from Standby: No IR Remote

mobiwan

Is there a thread on this already? I can't find anything on Google.

Either it's very common or I'm stupid.

If there is no existing thread, I'll make and upload the zip file of system.

2x Technotrend PCI S3200 cards, IR remote eye is in 1st card.

When you resume from Sleep/Suspend by waking using wireless mouse, the IR remote doesn't respond at all. Go to Options, Learn, press one button, cancel and it's perfect. Till next time!

Everything else is perfect 4.6.0.1 version on XP pro.

Here is the support Zip

2 x DVBS2 cards type Technotrend BDA S3200 driver

1 x Dual DVB-T tuner USB Stick, MobiDTV Dual

Graphics: Asus EN210 version of nVidia GT210, 256M RAM, HDMI 1920x1080p50 mode to LG 42LD450 HDTV

IR Remote is Technisat Handset, Supplied Technotrend IR eye plugged into 1st DVB-S2 PCI card, using TT remote plugin bundled with DVBViewer install.

support.zip

Anyone have an easy workaround that doesn't involve mousing into the Options | Input | Learn to reactivate the IR Remote?

Is it just the S3200 Technotrend card 2.5mm IR eye jack that is the problem?

/me goes off to make up an WinLIRC eye on serial port.

I installed winLIRC.

Scratched my head as to why "raw codes" worked but nothing else. Realised a handset file needed and downloaded the technotrend S3200 file as s3200.ini from the linux site LIRC remotes

Taught the DVBViewer all the new codes and saved a file.

Working now with winLIRC (I put the winlirc.exe in startup)

BUT, select Standby on OSD menu in DVBViewer:

now the computer goes into shutdown as soon as you wake it with the Logitech Wireless Mouse. Not possible to resume at all. This is obviously some separate issue.

Or am I doomed to have to use wireless Mouse & Keyboard to do a proper shutdown, restart, login etc... Instead of just suspend

Does S1 and S3 in BIOS / CMOS setup have any effect?

This is configuration with WinLIRC remote.

So

1) With Technotrend 2.5mm jack sock on S3200 car I can suspend with OSD menu, but on waking using LAN or Wireless mouse, the remote doesn't work unless you "wake" it by going into "learn".

2) With WinLIRC serial port hand shake dongle fitted with a 2.5mm jack socket I can use the eye off the S3200 card. Works fine in DVBViewer, Again I can go Standby by IR remote OSD. But now on "waking" either by mouse, lan or fron panel switch, the PC wakes, puts message " Going to standby" or suchlike and goes immediately back to standby.

So!

How to configure? That is, that you can sleep PC via OSD remote and if you wake PC, that it wakes proper AND the IR remote still works?

support.zip

I found one thing as to issue with WinLIRC.

I think it sending two codes, and on selecting Standby, DVBViewer sees both and this some how is why going Standby via DVBViewer and WinLIRC, that when wakened, it goes standby nearly at once?

In doing a VB6 test I found I had to detect index 0 as a single button press, no matter how short seems to give two codes on press, almost like one on release.

however index 1 isn't reliable.

I hacked an "on screen" VB keyboard I wrote that works with mouse, graphics tablet or touch screen, with sticky Shift, alt, altgr and ctrl keys.

Based on sample at WinLIRC site

Private Sub Winsock1_DataArrival(ByVal bytesTotal As Long)

Dim strData As String
   Dim strRemoteHex, strRemoteName, strRemoteKey As String
   Dim intRemoteIdx, intSeperatorOne, intSeperatorTwo As Integer

Winsock1.GetData strData, vbString
   Text1.Text = strData    'Messagestring from WinLirc '
   Text2.Text = Mid$(strData, 15, 2)
   strRemoteHex = Left(strData, 16)
   intRemoteIdx = Val(Mid$(strData, 18, 2))

intSeperatorOne = InStr(21, strData, " ", vbBinaryCompare)
   strRemoteKey = Mid$(strData, 21, intSeperatorOne - 21) 'Code of the Key from Remote Control '

intSeperatorTwo = InStr(intSeperatorOne, strData, Chr(10), vbBinaryCompare)
   strRemoteName = Mid$(strData, intSeperatorOne + 1, (intSeperatorTwo - intSeperatorOne) - 1) 'Name of the Key - defined in WinLircServer'

'not used winLIRC demo "KEY:" & strRemoteKey & " Control:" & strRemoteName'
   'send  it to virtual keyboard'
   If intRemoteIdx = 0 Then
   Select Case Text2.Text
   Case "43"
      DoKeyPress 1
   Case "44"
       DoKeyPress 2
   Case Else
       DoKeyPress 57   'inserts a space'
   End Select

End If

Added extra ' to code for the onscreen format here for comments

Some experimenting

In WinLIRC "Reconfigure" changing "Disable repeats" from 0 to 2 works well to avoid "phantom" repeats in the VB6 test program. "1" is nearly OK. The repeat rate is still OK holding a button.

The "Disable repeats" option must be to ignore "close" repeats. I will retry DVBViewer on PC with that WinLIRC setting. (My testing of WinLIRC is on Laptop with no DVBViewer).

[edit]

Just tested. Changing the 0 -> 2 in the "Reconfigure" "Disable repeats" box inside WinLIRC fixed the Return from Standbay deadly loop!

Edited by mobiwan