Hauppauge 4400 and double DVB-T tuner mode

Hi everybody

I have installed a Hauppauge HVR PCIe 4400 card in my computer. I would like to use it only in the DBV-T mode. How to make DVBViewer understands that this card is capable of two independant channels (i.e. two tuners) ? For instance, DVBViewer see one 885BDA (DVB-T ?) and another 885 alt BDA (DVB-S2 ? useless in my case). I would like to be able to record two channels on two different transponders at the same time.

Thanks

How to make DVBViewer understands that this card is capable of two independant channels

AFAIK it is not possible to use the HVR 4400 DVB-S tuner for DVB-T. If the DVB-S tuner could be configured for DVB-T (and the other way round) there would be two pairs of tuner entries in DVBViewer, each pair representing a DVB-S/T hybrid tuner.

Longer answer:

DVB-S is 950MHz to 2100MHz IF with 13V/18V and 22kHz on/off on cable. Modulation is QPSK, or on DVB-S2 it's APSK also

DVB-T is 50MHz to 870MHz or 470MHz to 870MHz and COFDM modulation. Each 7MHz or 8MHz has 1,600+ or 6,700 separate QAM16 or QAM64 carriers (DVB-T2 has even more).

Any "hybrid" is usually two physical tuners on one connector. Better having both separate like HVR PCIe 4400 card. Maybe someday you will add a Dish and LNB for the DVB-S part.

About 10 Euro buys a USB DTT stick. Or less than 30 Euro a dual DTT stick. Add a cheap USB stick and TV cable splitter(optionally distribution amp if signal too low) and then you have two tuners for DTT.