Apple Tv and Recording Service.

riviera

Hello.

I wonder if anyone has tested the new Apple TV (version 2010) as Upnp client of Recording Service.

A few days ago was launched XBMC version for IOS devices (jailbreak required). I've tested XBMC on Iphone 4 as UPnP client of Recording Service. Small freezes are constant during playback (video and live TV). Playing video by SMB works fine.

In contrast, XBMC on PC with Windows 7 as upnp client of Recording Service, works fine except HD channels. It is very fast channel change and stable.

I would appreciate it if anyone has tested the new Apple TV as upnp client for Recording Service, tell me their experience, especially with live TV.

Thanks.

Edited by riviera
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, now I can say that Apple TV + XBMC works fine with Recording Service.

The latest official version of XBMC (Dharma) has solved many problems in Upnp client of that media center.

If Apple TV works with wifi connection, there are many buffering troubles, due to that new version of XBMC for Apple TV, but everything is solved with a wired connection.

What I miss most is a basic epg guide with the channel list. Is it technically possible or contemplated this possibility in future versions of Recording Service?

Thank you.

Well, now I can say that Apple TV + XBMC works fine with Recording Service.

The latest official version of XBMC (Dharma) has solved many problems in Upnp client of that media center.

If Apple TV works with wifi connection, there are many buffering troubles, due to that new version of XBMC for Apple TV, but everything is solved with a wired connection.

What about the channel list in XBMC? Is it sorted alphabetically or as defined in recording service?

I ask this because i installed XBMC on MacOS and i don't know how to adjust the channel list sort order.

In Apple Tv and Windows version, you can sort by name, size, date and file.

Go to your Upnp channels in XBMC and pulse left arrow. You will see "sort by" option.

Edited by riviera

It doesn't work with HD channels (1080i, h.264). It´s a problem in XBMC upnp client with HD live Tv channels.

SD channels works fine with fired ethernet connection. Wifi connection gets continuos buffering problems in SD channels.

Video and audio files, SD and HD works fine. No freezes.