DVD Burn

Tank

110 minute 3.8GB film captures OK but Nerovision Express (and Sonic My DVD) somehow converts it to more than 4.7GB. DVD-R's are "Mirror Platinum Pro". But no burn.

try an other DVD authoring programm, and after that burn the finished DVD.

BTW only "no burn"???? no error message ???

Hi Klausing

Any suggestions for other DVD authoring program?

The message came up as "Media being written to is full". In fact it was a new DVD-R!!

Thanks for your help.

Try TMPEG Enc DVD Author to author your recorded videos in a suitable format for DVD. Then you can just burn the created Files with Nero to DVD.

Some authoring programs are stupid enough to recompress everything even if it's already DVD compliant MPEG2, and the results are probably even worse despite of the high bitrates they use.

DVB captured MPEG2 is DVD compliant as long as the station transmits w. horizontal resolution of 720.

The problem might also be wrong bitrate tags in the MPEG. The stations always transmit "15000", which is wrong. DVBViewer full verion patches that to 3500, but I suspect not in the entire file, as I sometimes get the old "over 9800" error after cutting.

View your MPEG2 with DVDpatcher and change bitrate to 3500 if necessary. Make sure frame size is correctly set to 720x 576 or 480. If you cut afterwards, select "patch entire file".

If your software still recompresses that, try another authoring program like TMPGEnc DVD Author or Ulead DVD Movie Factory 2.

You can also try the free DVDauthorGUI

and then burn with Nero.

Cheers

• 6 months later...

Hello,

DVDpatcher doesn't seem to support M2P files.

1::::::::::::: are MPG files MPEG 2 as well.

You can however fool patcher to opening a m2p file.

Patcher seems to work fine and the files don't have to be re-encoded in nero...

BUT, the files are squashed some because I changed the width to 720.

2::::::::::Is there any way to get nero not to re-encode it without squishing the width of the video?