DVB Viewer Pro makes my PC's clock slow down?

antdude

Hello.

Interesting. I noticed a pattern when using DVBViewer Pro v4.x in my old, updated Windows XP Pro. SP3 (IE6) machines with two very old BBTI Technisat Air2PC-ATSC-PCI HDTV tuner cards with their latest drivers from http://www.bbti.us/products_air2pc_atsc_pci.htm ... It seems my clock loses/delays a second or so every minute when I am using DVBViewer especially recording. I tried to use XP's Internet time to keep time synchronizes, but it doesn't always work since it can fail or not updating enough to keep in synchornized.

Has anyone seen/heard of this problem before? Is there a fix? Thank you in advance. :)

It may be caused by DVBViewer, the tuner card / driver or by video/audio playback. In order to pinpoint the problem, try the following:

- Let the TransEdit Analyzer run for some time (the tuner card is used, but without playback)

- Let DVBViewer play a video / audio recording (the tuner card isn't used).

- Let DVBViewer run for some time without playback and tuner card (use View -> Close Graph).

...or similar tests helping to exclude possible reasons.

It may be caused by DVBViewer, the tuner card / driver or by video/audio playback. In order to pinpoint the problem, try the following:

- Let the TransEdit Analyzer run for some time (the tuner card is used, but without playback)

- Let DVBViewer run for some time without playback and tuner card (use View -> Close Graph).

OK, I will try those ideas later (can't now since I am not at the PC). So, has this problem occurred in the past with other users? I forgot to mention that I use CyberLink PowerDVD 7 full version, Intel quad-core systems, and AC3Filter/ffdshow audio (used both separately) if that matters.

It seems like setting ATI Catalyst suite display drivers (v9.7 and v10.12) to clone to my old 20" CRT TV (1996) to show videos fullscreen. Even without videos and just using my desktop. I wonder what's up with that. So weird.

I am going to go ask ATI/AMD folks about this. Thank you for the suggestions. :)

Edited by antdude