Manual record .... Windows XP Ding.wav

Kiwi_Tim

Hello,

Having a bit of a small problem with DVBV 4.6.0.1. When I do a manual recording or pause live TV using my Hauppauge remote, DVBV carries out the requested action but also plays Windows XP Ding.wav , which is a little distracting.

Have tried to figure it out myself, but no success.

Please find my attached support file, and a copy of my remote.ini & DVBV remote file.

Many thanks for your advice.

Tim

New Zealand

support.zip

IR.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I still haven't solved this issue. I have now removed XP & installed W7 Ultimate 32 Bit, reinstalled device drivers and DVBViewer, but get the same error when I push the pause, stop FF and i buttons. Interestingly, this only occurs when I'm in full screen, and I see the mouse cursor flash through the video when the error occurs. When not in full screen, the error sound never plays.

This error never occurred in versions of DVBV prior to 4.5.

I'm still using the same remote control files that I used in earlier versions of DVBV

I think it may have something to do with the mouse cursor conflicting with commands sent by the IR.

Tim

New Zealand

I fixed it. My remote had been customized in DVBV 4.2, and I was using the same remote file in DVBV 4.6. Didn't seem to work properly in 4.6

I uninstalled the WinTV IR program, and used WTVIRBridge instead with WinLIRC, then used the 'Learn' button to reassign remote buttons to WinLIRC commands.

This seems to work much better than customizing the WinTV IR program and I no longer get any annoying Windows sounds.

Tim

New Zealand