Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1100 not working with 4.6

mai9

Hi, I was just installing the version 4.6 in my nice WinXP 64 and when trying to scan channels, the "target root" field is empty and it says "no hardware availabe" when clicking "scan".

I have a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1100 which I can see is listed as compatible:

http://www.DVBViewer.com/en/index.php?page=features#devices

I also checked on "device manager" and the drivers are installed, and the compatibility tool detects it correctly.

http://www.DVBViewer.com/en/index.php?page=downloads

I remember v4.2 worked with this same system, but I reinstalled windows and then this new version doesn't.

If you know what should I to make it work, please help. :)

[edit] Now I see it is detected in options/hardware. But I still don't know what happens in the "scan channels" window. The "current device" field is empty aswell.

Edited by mai9
  • 3 weeks later...

Install the latest driver from the Hauppauge site and (again) perform Options -> Hardware -> Detect Devices. Don't use a (default) driver installed by Windows, and don't let Windows "update" the driver. On my neighbour's PC a Windows update disabled digital reception with a HVR 1100 completely.

Griga, thanks for answering.

I am not using the default driver installed by Windows, and it doesn't update the driver. I am not sure if Windows can do that in the XP version, and I am using the 64 bits of Windows XP.

I want to mention that the card is showed in "Options/Hardware", but it's not in "Channel Scan".

I also want to mention that the same drivers that worked in v4.2 they don't work in v4.6, if this information is of any help.