DVBViewer 4.6.0.1 memory leakage

java2

While watching HD TV with DVBViewer v4.6.0.1, the memory usage starting from 144,xxxK and keeps growing to 3,645,736K within few minutes then it crashed.

I'm using Windows 7 64-bits

post-67229-0-68148600-1299855976_thumb.jpg

Try using a different HD Filter. Mine does that when using DivX. Cyberlink PowerDVD10 Filter works perfect for me,also PowerDVD 8/9 H264 are good.

• 1 month later...

I can confirm this same memory leak issue in v4.8.0.1 when using the DivX plug-in.

From what I recall, DVBViewer chose the DivX plug-in by default during installation and every 15 to 20 minutes while BBC HD, DVBViewer crashed out. After a few crashes, I left the Task manager open and sure enough the RAM usage clocked up and once the memory usage reached 99%, it DVBViewer crashed out.

I've tried CoreAVC, FFDShow, MPC, Microsoft DTV-DVD, Ulead and InterVideo to see what the other HD codecs were like (that it listed) and CoreAVC seems to perform the best for me. InterVideo seems to also be fine when left on a channel, but it would often cause DVBViewer to crash when switching channels. FFDShow seems to give much better picture quality (to my eyes), but the video keeps stuttering during action. MPC does not work and Microsoft's DTV-DVD also has video stuttering issues.

If I recall right, Cyberlink's codec also works fine, however it's been about two years since I had it, as I switched over to WinDVD around that time and didn't reinstall PowerDVD with my most recent PC build, as Cyberlink's AVC codecs were included with PowerDVD (or maybe it was PowerProducer).

I must try FFDShow again later to see what it is like with its default configuration. The FFDShow I'm using has added script that interpolates a double-frame rate to give smooth video motion like 100Hz TVs, so this is probably what is preventing this codec from working properly, as I thought I've used FFDShow with DVBViewer with HD channels in the past.