RS 1.7 unicode trouble

majstang

On tab TV Guide (weekday buttons) and tab Status (EPG Records) there is still some unicode trouble. Nordic letters wont display right, no problem in EPG and everywhere else in the webinterface though.

TV Guide:

Thanks, there will be more places where the Short day names are not encoded correctly. I fixed it. BTW the thousandseperator on the statuspage, how should it look like?

BTW the thousandseperator on the statuspage, how should it look like?

Sorry, I cant say cuz I cant go back to a non-unicode version now when all config files are already utf-8 encoded. It would require a total uninstall and deletion of all config files and im not willing to do that at the moment. Maybe someone reading this hasnt upgraded to RS 1.7 yet can answer Lars question? My guess would be a punctuation symbol. Cant be a "comma" cuz that is displayed right in the Data send box.

You could switch to char coding in the IE back to Western (Windows) to see which char it is. After that just switch back to UTF8. :)

Newline? I think something is off with your locales settings... A newline should not be there. A "." or a "," would be normal.

Anyway, I convert this from ansi to utf8 now, just in case such strange settings are used :)

Newline? I think something is off with your locales settings... A newline should not be there. A "." or a "," would be normal.

Anyway, I convert this from ansi to utf8 now, just in case such strange settings are used :)

Thanks Lars! I do use Windows 7 default swedish locales settings. Never touched them.

Edited by majstang

Yes, im sure it will. I do think we have some language confusion here...the character im refering to is called "blanksteg" in swedish and I think it is called "space" in english.

I just tried to select swedish locale: The thousands separator is a "protected space" (hex $A0), not a usual space (hex $20) but visually identical. This is intended to avoid word wrap within a long number. With a protected space a number on the end of the line is moved completely to the new line if it doesn't fit and not broken in two parts.

Apostrophes stopped working here. Installed on Windows 7 32 but accessed from anywhere.

This screenshot is from IE8 on an XP machine. I'm not at the PC the service is installed on so can't add a support.zip.

Most likely this text is in the original EPG. This happens sometimes.

Apostrophes are not UTF-8 related but html related encoded.I checked it here and it works and is displayed as it should.

All those apostrophes looked OK in previous recording service. I'm not saying recording service is wrong, but have you got any ideas how I would fix this on my PC so that it looks as it should?

It's every single apostrophe in the EPG, so it's there quite a lot.

Apostrophes work OK on this site - '''''''

Most likely this text is in the original EPG. This happens sometimes.

Apostrophes are not UTF-8 related but html related encoded.I checked it here and it works and is displayed as it should.

Yes, but ' is XML unicode not its html eqvivalent. HTML doesn't officially support ' I found this that explains it better than i can.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/kirillosenkov/archive/2010/03/19/apos-is-in-xml-in-html-use-39.aspx

Edited by majstang

OK scratch that. :) I found the problem. The wrong encoding routine is called. Most browsers do handle it correctly, but not all it seems. I'll upload a hotfix later today. :)

Got similar issues with Finnish locale and I'm using IE9 RTM. Basically all the special letters for Nordic locales aren't displayed correctly.

[EDIT] I got the 1.7.0.1 (beta) release date 18th of March....

[EDIT2] It only appears in Programs Overview.

Edited by temeteus82