Recordings - Separated SUB, Video, Audio Stream

utp

Can we please have settings to allow separated subtitle .sub, video stream, and audio stream other than 1 single TS file?

I have been searching for solution for pro-processing for long and cannot really find one simple solution.

it makes so much easier for us who want to pro-process the record to other format so much easier..

Thanks.

thanks for your quick reply,

honest I am very very disappointed on DVBViewer, it has been packed so much good function, but the current status is just messy.

All I am trying to do is recording with a web interface I can work with,

All I would like is simple:

- Record with Subtitle and Multi-Audio channel support

- A open format I can convert them to other devices (or otherwise I will just use the MCE on my Win7)

- A web UI so that I can do record anywhere.

I tried recording service, which was having a hard time to get it working with Chinese EPG (spend me at least 3 weeks, which was fixed by the latest beta 1.7x), but then the recording is just broke now on DVBViewer, it does start record, but then it now record with 1xxkb segment of the suppose to be recorded shows...

I tried coding my own code to start DVBViewer from CMDLine and found that the plugin in the members area does not work anymore, and seems cannot hardly find much documentation on start DVB from CMD with record and record with time limit or till next show functions.

here are just what I faced on using DVBViewer:

- documentation are messy, some are outdated as they spread all over different versions of DVBViewer, some are not in English or poorly translated.

- plugins in members area are not maintained, some of the plugin just does not works anymore, information/change log even point to invalid post due to moving of the old forums.

- maybe it was my problem, I am ok on simply watching TV with DVBViewer, but I am having bad experience and hard time on recording, it is just unreliable, buggy all the time, maybe thats why DVBViewer is call Viewer.

I do agree DVBViewer is a good piece of code, but I think it really need a HEAVY load of work on the support, bug fixes.

have you even tried to post here in the forums regarding your recording problem? Hundreds of people are using the Recording Service without a problem. It does have a webUI to add recordings too. It can record subtitles and audio. TS is not Proprietary! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG_transport_stream

You CAN convert it if you like. Don't tell me Windows Media Centers DVR-MS is better!

Edited by desweil

have you even tried to post here in the forums regarding your recording problem? Hundreds of people are using the Recording Service without a problem. It does have a webUI to add recordings too. It can record subtitles and audio. TS is not Proprietary! You CAN convert it if you like. Don't tell me Windows Media Centers DVR-MS is better!

Thanks for your suggestion, I think I will try get more post to here and seek for more help.

The problem on my side was more complicated, it goes with Chinese EPG, 64 bit Eng Win7, either WebUI mess up, or Recording ends up with ??? due to unicode issues on DVBViewer (maybe Recording service <> DVBViewer issue) so it won't start record, or the problem I mention easier, record ends up with 1xxkb issue..

I am not saying MCE DVR-MS format is good, or else I would not even spend to pay for DVBViewer.

I understand TS is not proprietary format, it would be nice if DVBViewer add some support post or wiki to show users how to extract them, not everyone/every user professionals like you guys, this should also help more attract more potential buyers for DVBViewer.

Unicode implementation was recently added. It should work now. Why would you want to convert or extract ts? It does play in DVBViewer and other Media Players, you CAN stream it via VLC/upnp to many devices and IF you like you CAN convert it. The conversion itself is not the responsibility of the DVBViewer developers.

Unicode implementation was recently added. It should work now. Why would you want to convert or extract ts? It does play in DVBViewer and other Media Players, you CAN stream it via VLC/upnp to many devices and IF you like you CAN convert it. The conversion itself is not the responsibility of the DVBViewer developers.

Thanks, about unicode, yes EPG works now, but the case is recording does not, if %event is set in recording on WebUI recording service, filename of the recording will become ??? and it does not record correctly, and I will try again,

I understand it is NOT responsibility of DVBViewer developers about converting, that's why the first suggest I made was if it were possible to record them in separated file.

The second suggestion I made was messy on documentation and outdated plugins which should be remove/update,

I suggest a good wiki/how to is a really good starting point for a software house to sell their software, I too are a programmer (system, web programmer tho), searching thru out support forums, threads, are really not a good experience for attracting customers, provided DVBViewer does not provide trial, which if straight simple how-to are provided, this makes it way more clear and attractive for users, save both side lots of time isn't it?

As I mention, to the issue on "why do I want to convert" is the original reason why I pay for DVBViewer, or else I just use my MCE which works fine (of coz, I too hated the closed WTV format).. I had different devices, iOS, Android, etc, I would like to convert the recording to .mp4 format with Ads remove, anyway I think this issue has gone over the topic on suggestion, I will try post it to other forums that suits the topic.

• 1 month later...

Thanks, about unicode, yes EPG works now, but the case is recording does not, if %event is set in recording on WebUI recording service, filename of the recording will become ??? and it does not record correctly, and I will try again,

The %event problem will be fixed soon.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/45195-unicode-problem-on-recorded-file/page__st__30__gopid__335888#entry335888

Since you use Chinese EGP, please can read [EPC原創] DVBViewer 圖文教學 for "How to".