Removed Recording Service, now Skystar HD2 fails?

EnzoF1

Hiya,

I installed the Recording service the other day, but after I figured out that it places w7 in hibernation mode, I decided to remove Recording Service.

But the problem is, now I'm getting 0% signal on any of the transponders (using Technisat Skystar HD2). My dish obviously hasn't changed (I checked to make sure, still getting a satellite signal), but for some reason I'm getting nothing at all in DVBViewer Pro (or any other DVB Program for that matter). If anyone would be so kind to point me to a working link of the support tool, I will attach it to this thread. It's almost as if the recording service changed something to my Skystar HD2 card so that it will not function anymore. As if the card is in definite hibernation mode. ;-/ I re-installed the drivers, thinking that might be the issue, but it's a no go. Windows still recognises the card, so do all the DVB programs I tried.

I really want to have this working before tomorrow morning, I purchased all the satellite stuff mainly for F1 and that kicks of in a couple of hours.

As an addition, I installed the latest drivers from the technisat site (6790). It almost looks as if the tuner part is still stuck in hibernation or whatever...This is so incredibly frustrating. :(

Despite the lack of help regarding this issue (and getting extremely frustrated by not being able to solve this at first), I did manage to solve my problem. Because the Recording Service put everything to sleep in my system, the DVB-S card was deactivated. If you're new to these sort of things, you don't know that this is actually possible. Thanks to some help from a friend, who had this issue himself some years back with a different card, I re-activated the card using ProgDVB. So again, if anyone ever encounters this issue and is in as much desperate need for a solution as I was, here is your answer.

Edited by EnzoF1