Client priorities

I'm using the latest recording service along with the latest stable DVBViewer. And I keep finding myself confused by the priorities.

My DVBViewer has a priority set to 0.

When watching something over upnp, I need to have DVBViewer not running at all in order to be able to change channels from upnp.

If I start DVBViewer while watching upnp, when I start DVBViewer it redirects to a wrong channel, and isn't displaying anything.

The same kind of thing happens when streaming to an iDevice.

I'm sure I've already been told that setting the priority to 0 on all clients actually does what I'd like, but then last time I tried with 2 clients on separate computers it didn't work as expected, it was the first running that kept control.

Is there way to set it up so that it's simply the latest who requests a channel that takes control? I can't set the priority of the upnp AV server AFAIK, and it's not 0.

It would make everyone at home way happier. Right now if I forget I have an iphone stream running no one can watch anything anywhere else until I close that stream, from the iphone, and provided I still have that page opened.