Recording Service - Problem with process timers in new version

daveyboyc

Hi,

I've recently upgraded RS to the latest version (1.7.1.1) and there seems to be a problem with the post record process timers. I am currently recording a lot of tv fo a project and have setup post record process timers for each recording to extract subtitles into a text format.

In the latest version, if i go into the timers tab i can see that post process timers have been left uncomplete and these then block any further recording timers.

The only way around it is to delete the timers or stop and start the service, which in turn unblocks it.

Is there a possible fix for this? a way to stop the timers if they havent completed within the designated time perhaps?

Cheers.support.zip

Had a similar issue daveyboyc reports about, where I did notice the recording never did finish (RS icon stayed red despite recording should be finished). When checking in the webinterface the after recording task was found as a timer in timerlist and stuck in REC mode. Removed it manually, same thing happened next recording.

Removed RS completly and started fresh with RS 1.6.9. Same thing happened...after recording task got stuck. Tried to reboot HTPC and issue was gone. Reinstalled latest RS and no issue persists. For me this seems to be some kind of vague windows 7 issue and not related to RS. If it had been RS related installing 1.6.9 should have removed the issue, but it didnt. I seldom reboot my system and after weeks of running abrupted only by nightly hibernation, system can be quite unstable.

Edited by majstang

well most likely the program called in the processtask got stuck or encountered an error...

Yes, but when this happens the processtask usually does finish at least and not getting stuck like described. That is why I thought RS was responisble. Well, from hereafter I will always reboot after upgrading RS, just to be on the safe side.

Edited by majstang

seems to be the new version... the post process i have setup calls a script that uses a demuxer called ProjectX to rip subtitles to text format. if there is an error it will be logged in a failure folder but nothing is appearing som im assuming that the script isnt being called. it was working perfectly for all recordings before, i have 2 pc's and the other one is running the old version and can record up to 40 programs simulatanously and rip all the subs.

its weird though coz i donwgraded and the same prob too just as majstang says and a reboot does the trick but dont know whether to upgrade again as i have a feeling i may encounter the same problem.. any ideas?

Do not know if this is all related but one click recording on the timeline page does not show any expected timer in the timer window although the pane is drawn yellow in the tvguide page but not the timeline page. No recording occurs either.

dont know whether to upgrade again as i have a feeling i may encounter the same problem.. any ideas?

Tried to reproduce this issue, but was not abled to. I think it is safe to upgrade, but do a reboot after.

Do not know if this is all related but one click recording on the timeline page does not show any expected timer in the timer window although the pane is drawn yellow in the tvguide page but not the timeline page. No recording occurs either.

Hmm...one click recording in RS is something I have missed out on. How do you do that? I think the yellow marking in TV Guide indicates which show is broadcasted right now. If a show has a recording timer it should be indicated with a red frame (on Timeline and TV Guide).

I have now re-upgraded to the newest version and a problem still persists. It was blocking the post record tasks again, now it seems to be completing some of the tasks somehow, but the subtitle files which are created should be in a .srt format come in no format.. so somethings not right. Guess i will have to downgrade again.

I have now re-upgraded to the newest version and a problem still persists. It was blocking the post record tasks again, now it seems to be completing some of the tasks somehow, but the subtitle files which are created should be in a .srt format come in no format.. so somethings not right. Guess i will have to downgrade again.

Yes, I will follow your example as well! When I came home today the after recording task was stuck/freezed again (RS Trayicon stays red indefinite) and the task was never completed. Worked alright all weekend though. There is definitely something wrong with this RS version :(

• 4 weeks later...

Got a frozen after recording task yesterday for the first time with new RS version. The application/script launched by the after recording task finshed alright. The next recording started and finished alright and also the after recording task tied to this recording timer, so the frozen process timer did not have any bad influence on neither recording timers nor new process timers. As usually I couldn't find any way to reproduce it. This seem to be completely random. The frozen after recording task must be manually removed or restart RS.