tuning

kale

HI,

I live in Finland. I use Technisat DVB-PC TV Star PCI tuner in my computer, driver version 4.4.0.0. The software is DVB-wiever Pro, v. 3.9.0.

Formerly it worked ok.

But now after updating my computer ( the same Win XP) the beginng is ok. The computer recognises the device and drivers are ok. I don't use any diseqc. Tuning begins also ok. But after search is finished nothing is found. The dish is also ok, because the same dish gives signal also to another tuner (in my Tv-rack). When testing the same cable gives good signal to the 'rack-receiver'. I have tried tuning both using the wizard and without it.

BUT NOTHING helps!!

Kale

Tanks,

What is the best way to update the software?

with thanks,,

kale

Please updated to the latest version. no support for versions this old.

HI,

I go on with my own earlier message:

To day I downloaded and installed DVBViewer Pro v. 4.6.0.1.

Also the Technisat pci TV-card got the driver update: v. 4.6.0.999.

The result: the computer and the software dont work together. i.e. The viewer doens't recognise the device.

I'm out!

kale

Tanks,

What is the best way to update the software?

with thanks,,

kale

Also the Technisat pci TV-card got the driver update: v. 4.6.0.999. The viewer doens't recognise the device.

Driver only won't do. You must run the TechniSat setup and install the complete software.

Thanks again, all ok now.

Really great to get help like this!!

Just one thing I dont catch: Somehow there appeared also the ikon and software: DVBViewer TE. It doesn't work , and seems to be unnecessarry??

kale

Driver only won't do. You must run the TechniSat setup and install the complete software.

DVBViewer TE. It doesn't work , and seems to be unnecessarry??

Unnecessary for running DVBViewer Pro. The important files are located in program files\TechniSat DVB\bin.

BTW: You may want to remove Server4PC from the auto start. It's only required for internet via satellite.