First time failed

zkab

Hi,

I am new to DVBViewer and to this forum.

Installed the Pro version 4.6.0.1 and launched it.

First of all it says 'Completing Inittialization' for 30-40 seconds before the main window is presented.

Channel search went OK but trying to watch 'BBC World News' (FTA channel) following error pops up:

Cannot render Media file / Output Pin, error 0x80040218

No combination of filters could be found to render the stream.

I have the system default everywhere.

What is the problem ?

I tested MediaPortal before and it could show channels without problems ... didn't like the software so I uninstalled it and went for DVBViewer.

Attached is the support.zip file

just take a look into your systeminfo.txt file. You have no decoders at all installed. Install the software you got with your TT card, this will most likely install the decoders. then try the DVBViewer again.

SOLVED - I tried SAF 5- SAF v5.00 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) that I used in Mediaportal ... and it work OK

Attached the new zip file ... to me it looks OK or should I change something in it ???

support.zip

I installed ffdshow-tryout but still no progress

On installation you have to enable decoding for the relevant video/audio types (MPEG2, H.264, AC3, MP2), or after installation via start menu -> ffdshow -> video/audio decoder configuration -> codecs.

I would additionally try the (commercial) decoders that are included in the TT 3200 software. Find out which one gives the best results on your PC by using Settings -> Options -> DirectX in DVBViewer for decoder selection.

The CD that came with the card is ... gone by the wind ...

I will check with TT support which decoders they recommend.

A general question, are not the decoders from commercial software companies specializing in codecs to prefer ?

One thing I noticed when watching TV channels (MPEG2 stream) is that with fast movement (sport channels) there seem to be a shadow draging along with the movement. Is that a codecs problem ? It can not be a performance problem since Task Manager shows 5-6 % CPU usage ...

support.zip

Edited by zkab
One thing I noticed when watching TV channels...

...depends on Interlaced video video transmissions; every good decoder codec have some "deintelacing" tecnique to smooth video, perhaps in your case simply isn't enabled yet...

:bye: