DVBViewer doesn't start - Create Theme Manager

saeder

Hello!

I used DVBViewer for about a year on a Fujisu/Siemens Multitainer, Celeron 700, Windows 98SE, Technisat SkyStar2.

For some reason I don't know it does not start anymore. I reinstalled the Technisat drivers and installed DVBViewer 2.2, downloaded today, but -

DVBViewer does not start. It hangs in the splash screen with the progress bar displaying "Create Theme Manager". :bounce:

Help ist appreciated. I liked DVBViewer very much. ProgDVB still works.

Thanks!

Stefan

It hangs in the splash screen with the progress bar displaying "Create Theme Manager".

After that message the DVBViewer searches for MPEG2 video and audio decoders in your system (in order to display them in the options).

Code for creating the XP Themes Manager had been there in former versions, but has been dropped in 2.2 due to upgrading to Delphi 7, that takes care of it automatically. However, the message is still there... and right after this non-existent code the next message should appear: 'Load Language Files...', but it doesn't.

So searching for the decoders seems to raise an unhandled error (maybe deep down in your system). The whole process requires reading a whole lot of values from the registry, which isn't done by the DVBViewer, but by some WinAPI functions that are called.

So a part of the registry may be corrupted (did you install any media stuff lately? Codec-Packs?). Did you already try to use a system restore point? Since it is a DirectShow thing, re-installing DirectX9 may help too... but that's just a guess.

DVBViewer V1.99R9a

There is no support for outdated versions. Please download the latest release 2.2 RC1 and try again.

Steffen

Edited by Oliver

Release 2.2 RC1 - Yes - that is the version I installed.

And it works on my most powerful workplace computer with Windows XP installed.

But on my Multitainer it doesn't work.

Obviously the setup.ini has not been updated. But be assured I installed the newest version before asking for help.

enable hardware acelleration in your decoder.

With this you can look with a sma cpu usage and it should work on your Multitainer. Which decoder you use on which computer? setup.ini? I can't say something about your problem if i don't know your settings and i don't know your settings without your new setup.ini !

Steffen

• 4 weeks later...