DVBViewer keeps crashing on W7

Karloz

Dear support,

I purchased the latest version of DVBViewer and I am getting frequent crashes under Windows 7 64 bits.

After 5-10 min, the application quits with a message (in French in my case) the "application has stopped to work".

My support file is enclosed.

Thanks for any help

For me( and i use DVBViewer for 1.5 years i think) crashes occur from codecs, when i set some codecs into DVBViewer and it s not compatible.

Try changing codecs, with cyberlink, microsoft for both audio or sound.

Hello all,

I have a fresh install of Windows 7 without any exotic codecs.

Extra information as requested is:

AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core

Motherboard: Asus A8N-SLI

Graphic card: Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT, driver 8.17.12.5896

Dvb s card: TechniSat Skystar HD2, driver 1.1.1.502

Thanks for your help

I have posted missing details as requested.

Could support help me on this issue?

There is no support.zip! It is very hard to give you any support without it.

Generally this issue is codec related or folks are using the VMR9 renderer on Vista/Win7 systems. The EVR renderer shall always be used on those systems.

Majstang do you have any ide how to get the subtitlels pefekt on sd channels and hd channels

I have it almoust perfekt whit wmr9 on sd and evr on hd.is there a skin for evr on sd and evr on hd to get it god

regards wikings1

Ps sd channels stutter when i go from hd channel to sd channel but not if i start whit a sd channel

Edited by wikings1

Majstang do you have any ide how to get the subtitlels pefekt on sd channels and hd channels

I have it almoust perfekt whit wmr9 on sd and evr on hd.is there a skin for evr on sd and evr on hd to get it god

regards wikings1

Ps sd channels stutter when i go from hd channel to sd channel but not if i start whit a sd channel

Hi wikings1!

Well, it is hard to say actually cuz I dont know much about your system. The general problem with using the VMR9 renderer on a Vista/Win7 system are you wont get any videocard hardware acceleration (DXVA) to assist with the decoding of video. It is hard work for your CPU to do the major part of the video decoding by itself. If your CPU is not powerful enough there will be stuttering and video/audio goes out of sync (and subtitles too), especially visible if trying to use the VMR9 on HD material. Going from one renderer to an another is always complicated and can also be give stuttering. It is usually best to use EVR only for all material and make sure you are using a codec which supports DXVA (like cyberlink codecs).

oki i have used connect 3d skinn wmr/evr and used vmr9 for sd and evr for hd and it gives me perfekt text in menus

you can se my hardware in my signature.i have hdmi 1080p from htpc to hk avr255 and hdmi 1080p to tv

I will test different configs and skinns.Maybe some one have i clue about this

regards wikings1